Mothering Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Don't even get me started on this LOL
Plus sized clothes seem to almost all fal into two categories now- Junior Plus (which are made for the teeny bopper crowd, and cut way smaller than women's plus)
and Old Lady Ugly
Lane Bryant is the only plus sized store that offers a good selection of flattering, semi-fitted plus sized clothing IMHO
fortunately (or unfortunately) I have lost some weight and can no longer fit into the tops from Lane Bryant (even though I am well into their bottom sizes still) and am now in the hell of "between sizes" shirts.
I really wish someone would come up with a line of women's shirts made for women with large breasts. I don't want to wear a tent, but most thigns fitted do not fit my F cup chest.
Oh and I agree about the width of shoes, too. I have to special order extra wide shoes, now. There are some cute styles available, but not many. And they are expensive.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
If you think it's hard to find wide shoes, try looking for narrow shoes! LONG SKINNY (especially in the heel) feet run in my family, and my mom used to break down and take us to Naturalizer just to get a proper fit because they actually carried shoes that fit.
:
And I've noticed that if you're size 9 or above you get half or less the variety in shoes as well.

It really is sad. My sister's best friend has a daughter who's overweight and has some serious body image issues. They also have a terrible time finding clothes for her, because she wants to dress like a teenager, not a frump, and she wears a 16 or 18, something like that.

Then I was telling my dad about how I lost weight and feel like a frump because my clothes are all too big and fit me like sacks, my jeans are loose, etc. So he has me try on some jeans that were sitting in his laundry room, prolly castoffs from his wife, who is rather petite.

They were size 9/10. Gee, thanks for making me feel fat again dad.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
I'm 29 weeks preggo. Unless I'm willing to fork out $$$$ for clothes, there is nothing for me that either looks good, is comfortable to wear or even fits semi okay.

So I'm still doing the fix and repair and use until they fall off me clothing. If I didn't have my own sewing machine, I'd be sunk.

I sorta found a bra for me yesterday that was "cheap." A 42D. It "fits" and it will do for the rest of the summer, but it doesn't fit well. I end up with 4 breasts if I'm not carefull. But its a hell of a lot better than my mangey about to fall apart nursing bras!

See.. I'm a 38J. I'm serious. Does anyone make that size? Nope. So I have to improvise and suffer.

And I won't even go into nursing bra hell either... This one I got is a soft cup and I'll be able to nurse with it so I'm thinking about getting more. For 20$, I'll make a lot of compromises. For 100$, if it doesn't fit me like a glove, forget it.

And the miracle about it? I found it at Zellers!

41 - 43 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.