Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Know of anything nice OTHER than Motherhood and JC PEnneys for plus size?
I checked eBay, too, but can't find anything. True plus size, like a 2x/22, not just an XL or XXL.

I am going to the Prince concert in a couple weeks and want something stylish/funky to wear for a top. I might just end up getting something fun at Lane Bryant, even though they don't fit me that well during pregnancy.

I'm sick of t-shirts and boring run-of-the-mill maternity tops.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I noticed that you were in Minnesota so I wanted to mention that the Sears in the Bloomington mall did carry plus size items when I was last pregnant-summer 02. You may want to give them a call.

If you are not against pre-owned you might try Once Upon a Child. Also Old Navy on-line includes some maternity plus-sized items as well.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Sears here sells + sizes too.

You might want to try Gap or OldNavy online, they have +sizes.

Also, you can do a google search for +sized maternity, you should get a ton of listings, but everything is big $$$.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Check out K-Mom's website for some good info on plus-sized pregnancy issues:

http://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/

http://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/f...lothing%20FAQs

With my first pregnancy, I started off about a size 20-22 and found it hard to find maternity clothes in the reg places. Surprisingly, I found a gold mine at my local Goodwill store. You might want to try your local resale or consignment shops, and I've actually seen quite a few plus-sized lots on ebay. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Just wanted to say that there used to be a Plus-Size Pregnant Mamas support thread here in the pregnancy forum. (I'm sure they've all had their babies by now, though.)

They used to talk about stuff like this all the time!!!
You may wanna start one! I am sure there are a lot of mamas who have questions like this, as well as other stuff.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by SamuraiEarthMama
you're going to a prince concert? you don't want sears... you want torrid!

have a blast, and be sure to post some pictures, you hot mama!

katje
That's totally what I was thinking!
I don't want a t-shirt or cutesie.
I want something fun, and a little sexy!
I have main floor, 5th row tickets, by the way!

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
man, now you got me thinkin... dh just scored tickets to a ben folds concert about two weeks before my due date. now, ben's not exactly the same kinda show as prince... but it would be nice to dress up a bit! maybe, maybe...

i'm serious... get some pictures! you gotta put 'em in the baby book!

k

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.