Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The library is hosting a childrens band on the lawn Thursday at 1:00. I'm going to be there to catch the band if the weather is great.

We can move the normal meeting from the Farmer's Market to the library... although I've been warned that 100's might show and the shade is minimal.

Farmer's market is at 2:30 so if energy remains after the 'show' the market is just a hop away.

Sorry for the short post. I'll post more details....

Jessica

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Thanks for the info, Jessica. It sounds like fun & I wish that we could make it. DD1 has gymnastics at that time for the next 4 weeks, so we wont' be able to make it back up there until mid-August.

Have fun!

Kym

·
Registered
395 Posts
If the weather holds, we'll try to make it. Although that is in the middle of my wee one's naptime.
How would I find the group? lol I don't know anyone yet really. I also don't know Plymouth well. Could you give directions, or point me where I could find info to get there?
Thank you!
Ann

·
Registered
940 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhiasmum
If the weather holds, we'll try to make it. Although that is in the middle of my wee one's naptime.
How would I find the group? lol I don't know anyone yet really. I also don't know Plymouth well. Could you give directions, or point me where I could find info to get there?
Thank you!
Ann
Directions are easy. You're coming from the Cape?

Route 3 north to Exit 5. Take a right (I think that's the direction if you're coming from the Cape) off the highway-- whatever direction it says the Hospital is. At the next set of lights (by Obery Street) go STRAIGHT-- Long Pond turns into South Street without you having to do anything. The library is a little ways down South Street on the right. Huge brick building with a stone sign in front saying Plymouth Public Library.

I will be there. I'd say the easiest thing to do is look for the group of moms wearing their kids!
Personally, my most distinguishing feature is how short I am-- 4'10"-- if you needed to look for one person.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is a picture from last August. However, I doubt Josh will let me wrap him-- I'll likely be chasing after him!

Sorry, removing the link... just didn't want it online for that long.

Jessica

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm going to try to meet up with some folks early on for lunch 12 ish-- so hopefully I can reserve a space for 3-4 others to show up-- I'm not sure of the blanket etiquette, but I'll try(-;

So let's just hope the weather holds out.

Jessica

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, I know that a few of you might have made it out to the library at various times. Joshua has been having an issue with loud noises due to a smoke alarm incident--and was hysterical. We made it to maybe 1:05 before we left.

Hopefully next week we can gather at the Plymouth Farmer's Market. I'll see if the coordinator will allow a small sign in recognition of "World Breastfeeding Week" ,. Heck, doesn't hurt to ask, right!

Amy, it was nice to see you at the FM!

Jessica

·
Registered
940 Posts
It was nice to see you, too, Jess! I would have liked to stay and chat over by the tent, but it was sooooo hot and Julia was getting a little pink.

Rhiasmum, were you at the library? I thought I saw someone who looked like she was looking around trying to find people. We did run into a mom from LLL, and Toe Jam was great, so even though we didn't get to see any MDC people I'm really glad we went.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hi!
Thank you for the directions! Unfortunately we were unable to make it today. I had "mommy brain" and forgot we had a friend coming to visit. Lucky for the friend I checked the calendar!
Hopefully next week we will be able to make it. It sounds like it was fun!
Ann

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I wish we had been able to make it, but my feet are so swollen that it hurts to walk right now. I can't even fit my sandals on. Looks like no more playdates until this baby shows up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts