Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I failed my No-Test Promise, but I had good reason. Dh was coming home for the first time in two weeks (and possibly one of the last times until December!
) I couldn't wait any longer, and I also wanted to know if it was ok to go off the progesterone supplement my OB prescribed.

Anyway, I took a FRER with FMU at 12dpo today. The pics are here. What do you think?

Should I get my hopes up that, after 3 chemicals, this may be it?

· Registered
4,570 Posts
Well I definitely see a very faint line, I would wait and test again on Monday.
I also had a chemical pg/very early m/c before DD, and all I got was a super-faint line; it never darkened.

I really hope this is it for you!

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, I'm not imagining things. Good to know.

When DH got home this morning, I showed him the test. He held it up to the light, squinted, looked at me sortof confused.

"Yes, love, there's a line there."

His response?

"Oh."

I think he's trying stay mellow to keep me from getting my hopes up. Then again, he's usually pretty laid back in general.

ETA: I just added another pic, this one tweaked on the contrast. The first three were just "normal" pics, cropped and resized. Yup, that's a line.

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamabearsoblessed View Post
Mama!! That ia a beautiful bfaintp!!! Looks just like the bfp that is nursing in my lap right now!!!!
:
Thank you, but sadly, like the other three cycles in which I got one of those...it didn't last. Yesterday's digital was a definite "Not Pregnant". I'm just waiting for the progesterone prescription I was on to work itself out of my system. We're giving up on TTC for now.

· Registered
2,336 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by favrielle View Post
Thank you, but sadly, like the other three cycles in which I got one of those...it didn't last. Yesterday's digital was a definite "Not Pregnant". I'm just waiting for the progesterone prescription I was on to work itself out of my system. We're giving up on TTC for now.
don't rely on the digitals.I had not pregnant come up when I actually was.Did you get a blood test?

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by minimunklemama View Post
don't rely on the digitals.I had not pregnant come up when I actually was.Did you get a blood test?
No blood test. The FRER I took the day before the digital was - too. Considering I was 15 dpo...I'm going to go with it being accurate.

· Registered
1,524 Posts
Quote:

I hope someone more knowledgeable will step in here, but I think I read somewhere that digital tests require a higher level of HCG for detection. so may be there is still hope? can you do another test tomorrow morning? (fmu and not digital one).

· Banned
4,724 Posts
Quote:

Sometimes one test will be more sensitive than the other. I wouldn't give up hope yet. It's not over till the fat lady sings and your period crashes the party.

Also, it does depend on the test but according to peeonastick.com, some of the digitals are slightly less sensitive, requiring a level of up to 50.

http://www.peeonastick.com/hpts.html

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
Sometimes one test will be more sensitive than the other. I wouldn't give up hope yet. It's not over till the fat lady sings and your period crashes the party.

Also, it does depend on the test but according to peeonastick.com, some of the digitals are slightly less sensitive, requiring a level of up to 50.

http://www.peeonastick.com/hpts.html
I'm aware that tests have different sensitivities. The FRER with the faint line was taken at 12dpo. The digital was taken at 15dpo. I assumed that with the 3 days between, hCG levels would have risen enough, if they were going to, to get a BFP on the digital.

valeria_vi -- The only test I have in the house is the second CBE digital that came in the two-pack I bought. I have neither the $ nor the transportation to go get another test right now, and am not up to the 30+ minute walk to the store to buy one anyway.
I could test tomorrow with FMU with the second digital, but do I really want to?

· Registered
1,524 Posts
Quote:

valeria_vi -- The only test I have in the house is the second CBE digital that came in the two-pack I bought. I have neither the $ nor the transportation to go get another test right now, and am not up to the 30+ minute walk to the store to buy one anyway.
I could test tomorrow with FMU with the second digital, but do I really want to?
hugs mama. it sucks to get your hopes crushed. ;( but go to the thread where many of us said we had negatives even though we were pregnant. I had a negative test even at 5 weeks and yet - there is my daughter. i agree that unless AF shows up - there's always hope.

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by valeria_vi View Post
hugs mama. it sucks to get your hopes crushed. ;( but go to the thread where many of us said we had negatives even though we were pregnant. I had a negative test even at 5 weeks and yet - there is my daughter. i agree that unless AF shows up - there's always hope.
Well, AF hasn't shown yet, but I just stopped taking the progesterone yesterday. Last dose was about 6 a.m. I don't know if or how that changes things. My cervix is still high and med-firm, definitely closed. CM is creamy w/EW mixed in.

*sigh* Now I don't know what to think.

If I were crazy enough to test tonight with that digital, how many hours would I have to hold it before POAS?

· Registered
3,752 Posts
oh Mama, I'm so sorry you are feeling so low.
It is so hard, I know.

I wouldn't give up the ship just yet though. My exp. with digitals had been dismal at best...
thinking of you

:

· Registered
126 Posts
Don't give up so fast. I was never TTCing, but usually only tested when I was on about CD 35. Actually, I didn't trust a test before that as a true bfn. Every woman's body doesn't secrete the hcg at the same level. I actually think 12dpo is a bit early to test. If you hang around the net long enough, you'll read about PLENTY of women with bfns sometimes up 6 and 8 weeks into their pregnancies before they get a bfp.

· Registered
2,336 Posts
I know someone who is pregnant with twins and she got not pregnant on a digital at 20DPO,three of them!!!
Hang in there,you never know
:
:
:
:
:
:
:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.