Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the BumGenius' have been out on the market do you love them? Do you think they would be durable enough for my SIL's washer in India which is not very gentle on anything? I'm trying to find her a few special pocket diapers for when she goes out of the house with the baby. She's very happy with the prefolds around the house. Should I get her some BG or should I stick to HH or FB or other types? (BTW she line dries so she can't do fitteds-- too humid there).

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Having tried all of them, I think that HH and FB are both more durable and easier to clean than BG. In my front-loader, I had trouble getting the BG suedecloth clean, especially near the leg elastic.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I have HH, BGs & Swaddlebees and all seem to be equally durable and equally easy to clean. I have no problems with any of them. I have a top loader though.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've used both the BG and the FB and I would go with the BG. I think they are very durable and they line dry well. The FB also are durable and line dry well, but I honestly just love the one-size aspect. So much less money and waste IMO. I've been using the BG for 4 months and I love them. I've not tried a HH so I have no input on them.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Don't they use washers with heating elements in India? I think my husband said so, front loaders with heaters. I would not get bumgenius for that reason because you can't wash them on hot which would be about every wash setting except delicates on her washer.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I have used all of them as well, and I really like all three (assuming we're talking solid HHs...the prints are just so cute, but I don't change fast enough for the wicking
) I really love the one-size aspect of the bG, and I love the aplix. That said, I love the color variety available with the Fuzzi Bunz. Does she have snap or aplix preferences? That might be a deciding factor, as well as if she needs the cost aspect of the one size.

Good luck!

·
Registered
624 Posts
I personally much prefer the way the PUL feels with HH or FB than the outer layer on the BG. Having used all three, I'm sticking with FB and that's what I'd give anyone as a gift.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Momalea
I personally much prefer the way the PUL feels with HH or FB than the outer layer on the BG. Having used all three, I'm sticking with FB and that's what I'd give anyone as a gift.
I have to agree with Momalea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.