Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi--I need some diaper advice. I'll be buying sizes newborn and small.

Do you use fitted diapers with soakers+covers? Or would you buy pocket diapers (it is my understanding that with the pocket diapers you have a layer of waterproofing and don't need a cover) ?

And what are your favorite brands?
For fitteds I'm looking at:
Kissaluvs
Swaddlebees
Under the Nile
Mutts

I haven't really done my research yet for the pocket diapers but so far I like Blueberry Pocket Diapers with snaps (trying to stay away from velcro)

many thanks !

· Registered
5,307 Posts
Fitteds with covers work better than pockets, and fitteds without covers (at home, during the day, when you can change after every pee) are more breathable than pockets. So, definitely, fitteds.

I loved Kissaluvs when dd was a newborn; haven't used them in the larger sizes.

Swaddlebees diapers have a fantastic design, but they aren't very durable.

I've heard good things about Mutts and Under the Nile, but haven't used them personally.

I really like Mother-ease and Blue Penguin fitteds.

· Registered
2,297 Posts
I like pockets for going out because they are trim. I only have 6 pockets. For the bulk of my stash I pick fitteds and soakers because I love using a natural fiber diaper system. IME pockets don't contain bf poo as well as fitteds, but I've only tried HH pockets and Baby Kangas pockets. I realy like the Baby Kangas though now that ds is on solids. My favorite fitteds are Heiny Huggers and Bamboozles. For wool covers the only one I've bought that rocked was the Imse Vimse Bumpy. I have 3 homemade wool soakers that work perfectly also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.