Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my baby on Sunday and had a question about something that my OB said. I had had a very painful spot on my belly, just next to my belly button about the size of a baseball. The spot made it hard for me to move because it would throb and have be doubled over. After I birthed my daughter and the placenta was delivered my OB was pushing on my belly and released a "pocket of blood" that was behind the placenta (anterior placenta). Does this mean that I had a small abruption in that area? Should I be worried that the same thing will happen with future pregnancies?

·
Registered
6,956 Posts
Sounds like the very typical blood that pools behind the placenta after it begins to separate.
I would call your doctor tomorrow to check in and ask about the sore spot. It could be a muscle strain, or soreness from the pushing, or soreness from the contractions or something you were doing to releave the contractions, or something that the doctor might want to see you for...
(one last nosey question - have you poo'ed yet? It could be your guts shifting back to their normal spot)

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Full Heart View Post
I think the op is saying she had the painful spot while she was pg and it was in that spot that the pocket of blood was.

Yes. The spot was painful the last few days of pregnancy and is completely fine now. I am mostly wondering what would cause a pocket of blood to form there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.