Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an 18-month old DD who is quite small - 20th percentile for weight and height.<br><br>
Lately she's beginning to show signs of being ready for potty learning - her CDs are staying dry sometimes for up to 2-3 hours, some nights her diaper is almost dry in the morning, she tells me when she's pooped, etc etc.<br><br>
Until lately I had no intentions of starting pottying this early but I'm thinking that it's time to buy a potty and at least give her a chance to try it out.<br><br>
Here's the thing - I've noticed that her medium FBs and HHs are getting a bit small and I'm considering buying her some larger dipes (probably the petite toddler FBs). But I'm wondering if pocket trainers are as absorbent as diapers and get those instead in anticipation of pottying (but if it doesn't happen fast or we pull back on it, the trainers would still be useful). I was thinking either the MOE trainers or the HH trainers. She is at daycare all week so I guess the other question is whether the trainers are going to be easy for the dcp to use.<br><br>
Any suggestions? She seems to be going through a growth spurt and I don't think she'll fit her mediums for more than another month or so rise-wise.<br><br>
I'm at a bit of a loss - she's my first so I'm still trying to find out how to potty train, let alone deal with the diaper issue.<br><br>
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
I find that trainers have fold over elastic which tends to wick moisture to the outside of the trainer especially while DC is sleeping, so they are not exactly like diapers. And just IMO, the happy heiny's trainers were too poofy I like Snap-Ez.com for a better fitting stuffable trainer. But anyway, my DS started showing signs of readiness at 18 months but didn't completely potty learn till almost 3 years old so personally I would size up on diapers and wait till your sure she's ready for trainers (stays dry more consistently and only needs trainers for accidents).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts