Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, this may seem like an odd post, particularly on Mothering, but I AM actually looking for a pod past of stories for young children..I have downloaded a few audiobooks (the napping house, blueberries for Sal..there are some good ones..) from iTunes on my iPod for DD to listen to in the car/plane on long trips...Sometimes she follows along if we have the book, and I guess I see this as a good alternative to watching DVDs in the car/ plane. Anyway, the audiobooks can get pricey, so I looked for some podcasts and found one called the Storyhome which is this guy reading stories that he has written or adapted (he has a nice voice, but the stories are too advanced socially for a 4 year old - quite a few violent or inapproriate messages, i thought)..so I thought I would see if any one out there had any experience with this...
Thanks in advance!
Lisa in Balto...

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I don't know if Sesame street interests you...but I have a few of those

·
Registered
77 Posts
I like Sesame Street podcast, 4 might be too old (my 3 year old loves it though). They Might Be Giants had a podcast for kids, you can still get these through the Zune software I think. Also NASA has some nice HD video podcasts, certainly topically appropriate and occasionally very beautiful but they run a bit boring. I have also seen some podcasts about lions and marine life from http://www.earth-touch.com/. Be careful with some of these (esp the lions), I am a bit squeamish about the prey scenes, I know I saw one I'd rather not have had my 2 year old daughter watching. Try the Zune software, it allows you to browse by genre for video podcasts so you can find stuff to download.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.