Mothering Forum banner

Which location(s) do you prefer for the Dutch meet-up?

• Amsterdam, sarahmck's house

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Utrecht, rzberrymom's house

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Near the Hague (Voorburg), krizzanne's house

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Amsterdam, Artis zoo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please post with a suggestion)

Votes: 1 25.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, one last try. This time with a poll. My goal here is to get something on the calendar for a date in the next three weeks. Can it be done? I hope so.

Please vote for your favorite options and specify in your posting if the choice of any particular one of those options for the meet-up will mean that you WILL NOT attend. Then I will pick the most popular option and start trying to suggest dates.

I will PM a link to this thread to everyone who has been vaguely recently active in the Holland forum.

If you want to propose an alternate location, by all means do. I'm not including the indoor playground option since most of us seem to be in agreement that the majority of our kids will need significant supervision in such a spot, and that would preclude us from getting to know each other.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all.

Sarah

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I think the kinderboederij or the spoorweg museum would be fun. I think mine are a bit older than everyone else's kids so something where they'd be able to run around would work best for us.

Hold on, the kids are calling.....

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
I won't have any time till the first week of January; even then I think I'll skip if there are no other children 5 or older because otherwise dd (7) will be too bored. But in January and if there are older kids (or we're in a place with older kids) I'll go wherever

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Sarah, thanks for hunting me down. I was lurking

Anyways, I voted other because like Katie I can go anywhere.
I was also going to suggest picking a date in Jan or Feb, well ahead of time, so people are less likely to have plans yet. Of course, that's cause I could only do weekends and the next 3 (or more..) are pretty much full.
But I'd love to actually make this happen!

·
Registered
530 Posts
I am not going to help tip the poll here...I really am happy going anywhere.
I do have family coming and going a lot starting this week, which shouldn't affect my ability to meet unless I have to go to the airport, we'll see.

Pumpkinseeds, what/where are the kinderboederij or the spoorweg museum?

Sarahmck, thanks for doing the groundwork to get us together.

Maybe we should pick a date and place for now and a second date and place for January. That way if people cannot be included now, we know there is another oppertunity soon...It would be ideal to include everyone the first time, but may not be possible.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Krizzanne--I thought you lived near the kinderboederij? (The petting farm) I may have that all mixed up.

The SPoorweg Museum is in Utrecht which may be a better choice in this weather. We already have a trip planned there, but hey, the boys like it, so we can go twice. It's free if you have a museum card.

I am not very keen on going to somebody's house. Well, it's completely fine for me, and I enjoy that sort of thing, but my boys are a bit older than everyone else's (5.5 and 2.5) and they do better if there's room to run around.
Since most of you live close to each other, if you want to meet at someone's house, I'm ok to skip this meeting.

And for Simone or anyone else, if you'd like to meet halfway, my kids love indoor playgrounds.

Also, if you are willing to come to Rotterdam there's Professor Plons at the Maritiem Museum which is also free with museum card. It's a small play area just for kids, just enough room to run around but able to keep the kids in sight easily. I can try to dig up pictures of what it looks like if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, here's my proposal: Krizzanne, PumpkinSeeds, rzberrymom and I get together in Utrecht at rzberrymom's house / the train museum / the park. How's that for decisiveness? Then, when we have a fabulous time and report back, everyone else will be envious and will be more keen to come along the next time, which will be early in 2007.

Now for the hard part: date selection. How about Friday, December 8th or Sunday, December 10th, some time in the mid- to late-morning?

Krizzanne and PumpkinSeeds, please PM me your e-mail addresses.

Sarah

·
Registered
530 Posts
Sarah, I pm'd you last night.

PumpkinSeeds, I,
thought you were speaking of a specific kinderboederij, like there was one famously known. But they are everywhere, aren't they! There are actually 2 around here.
And, thankyou for the link to the Spoorweg museum, I should have looked it up, but I was running around with our visitors. I just checked out the link, and that museum looks SO FUN.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting you all!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Ack! We are in Florence from Dec. 6-12th. I can do any day before then in Utrecht (except for the 1st), or you all can get together in Amsterdam/Den Haag on the 8th/10th and I'll catch everyone next time.

Sorry to make it more difficult!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.