Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many weeks are you? What pregnancy is this for you? Are you still fitting in your regular clothes? Does your body seem to have changed? How much weight have you gained?

6 weeks with #5
Fitting in all my regular clothes
Breasts are fuller but stomach/waist have not changed
I don't have a scale but according to the scale at the gym I am the same weight.

I think with this being #5 I'll get a little pop in the next few weeks but I am hoping to fit in my clothes for a little while longer
: I gave away my maternity clothes after #4 and that Mama is due in early September so I'm hoping I won't need them until she is done with them

Keri

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
7.5 weeks with #2
Still fitting in my regular clothes, but things are definitely tighter.
I've actually lost a couple of pounds in weight.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
7 weeks tomorrow.
Third pregnancy.

All of my belly fat has been pushed up over my waistband and I am down to one pair of regular pants and extra big tshirts or smaller maternity shirts. Maternity pants are still waaaaaaay too big though. I'm thinking about getting one of those bellabands thingys for my pants.

As for the scale...
: So far it looks like I've already gained six pounds. With my two other pregnancies I only gained 29 lbs each. At this rate I am going to be bigger than my house at the end.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
6 weeks w/#3. I can definitely see my belly. I normally have a pretty flat stomach, but if someone who didn't know me were to see, they would probably just think I had a pooch. Breasts are definitely bigger.

I don't believe in weighing yourself when pg, so I don't know if I've gained weight. Probably, though.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
5 1/2 weeks with pregnancy #5 (3 children 1 mc). I definately feel "fuller" in my abdomen but am fitting into all my regular clothes. So far I weigh the same as I did a week ago. Breast are definately fuller.

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
8 weeks - pregnancy #4
I'm wearning maternity clothes. I definitely look pregnant. My body seems to be in the habit of going through all the changes early in the pregnancy - I went through this with my last (miscarried) pregnancy as well.
I don't own a scale, and don't track my weight, so I have no idea how much I may have gained.

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
6wks with pg number 3. My bbs are a bit bigger but I'm still fitting into all my clothes.

·
Registered
61 Posts
5 weeks, baby #2. No change. I've actually lost a couple of pounds in the last week because I've been uberstressed at work.

I am only 4'11", so I looked enormous pretty early on last time. I'm really hoping to look the same for as long as possible.

·
Registered
59 Posts
8 weeks with #2. I'm noticing a teeny belly pooch (DH says there isn't one) but still easily in my regular clothes. I'm nursing so I have no idea if my boobs would be fuller.

·
Registered
271 Posts
7.5 weeks with baby #2. Clothes fit the same, but I'm more comfortable not wearing anything tight around my waist...I can, but it just seems to add to my gastric distress. Haven't checked my weight yet, boobs slightly more full and very tender.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow with #2. No weight gain as of yet and I'm still fitting in my regular clothes. Boobs still the same (for now)!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
5 weeks with #2, still fitting in all my clothes, but am steering away from tight waisted things. Gravitating toward low rise pants. Don't know if I've gained weight, I don't weigh myself very often...bbs are bigger, but I attribute it to the extra protein I'm eating to help my body make breastmilk, still nursing.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I will be 9 weeks tomorrow. This is #2 but not my second pregnancy.

My regular clothes do not fit. A size bigger does not fit around the waist either. Regular waists feel very uncomfortable as I don't want anything pressing on my belly. I've been wearing sundresses, maternity shorts and gauchos.

I've gained 4lbs but I was on a semi-low cal diet before getting pregnant and ate ravenously weeks 4 and 5 so that is when I put on that weight. I haven't been able to eat much since so no more weight gain.

I gained 25lbs last time and was hoping to be about the same this time as well (or less) because I am starting out overweight (was more "overweight" in my last pregnancy). That 4lb weight gain is nagging at me a bit.

Breasts don't seem any fuller, but they do seem a bit bigger if that makes any sense.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Five weeks today! Think boobs are fuller, but it could be wishful thinking!
(36B)

Regular clothes still fitting, but was just wondering yesterday and this morning whether I would have to buy many maternity-type clothes. Hoping not, as this will be our only baby, and I don't plan to work much, if at all in the 2nd and 3rd trimester (can just wear sweats around the house!
) I like big sweaters, so I think I'll still be able to wear most of them this winter. Need some new pants, tho'.

No idea on the weight...I'm afraid to step on the scale at home. I was on a weight loss campaign last year at this time and lost 16 pounds (back to normal BMI...yea!), but I know I gained five back. I'll let the midwives weigh me at my visits; not something I'm going to obsess over.

·
Registered
709 Posts
i'm 5w2d, so far so good. no weight gain, all of my clothes still fit fine, including my favorite black pencil skirt which i hope to wear for as long as possible. boobs are definitely fuller which is quite lovely, i must say! it feels like my hips have widened a touch, though... odd as it's so early, but i feel like i see a bit of a difference there. i definitely could be crazy, though!

some women can't wait to get into maternity clothes... i myself would love to avoid them for as long as possible. i have lots of great, comfy empire-waisted dresses and knit pants and skirts with the roll-waist, so hopefully i'll be able to avoid them for a good, long time
who knows though... this is #1 for me and i honestly don't know what to expect in some regards!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
5 weeks here. this is my third pregnancy.all my tops fit because i like loose tops and flowy dresses, so all that fits but my jeans dont. but thats ok i have gazillion pairs of maternity jeans. having just went through a pregnancy i have all that stuff plus my best friend who just had her baby had a beautiful maternity wardrobe so i have all that too. not too worried about the jeans though as its SO DAMN HOT, im just wearing light summer dresses at this point.

boobs-my boobs dont usually get affected my pg until later on. but i do think they may be just a touch bigger.

weight -went from 120 to 122.

My body has been doing so much changing in the past year that i dont even know anymore if it has changed again. But my belly looks to be about 4.5 months along. (because of very recent preg)

hehe just saw my own post and read "6 weeks" hmmm wishful thinking? im 5! duh

·
Registered
163 Posts
7.5 weeks here, 3rd pregnancy. No noticible changes thus far but I am still about 20 pounds overweight from the last two. Even my boobs aren't swollen or sore which makes me kinda nervous but I am super sick from MS so at least I know I am still pregnant! Before pg I never thought I would be happy to be puking, haha!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Eight weeks here, first (and last) pregnancy. No changes to my weight but the stuff has been shifting around considerably. Most pants don't fit, my belly muscles have already basically given up, I just feel heavy and tired. The only time I don't have to pee is when I'm actually peeing. My breasts are very sore and about 5% larger. The most embarrasing symptom is crazy butt zits! I hate them.
:

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Almost eight weeks here. My boobs are changing, but that's really all I'm noticing. I have one pair of shorts that won't button, but they were pretty nearly too small anyway. I haven't gained any weight yet, probably because I have NO appetite for food at all. I don't think my waistline and belly are showing anything yet, but my weight has been fluctuating so much since DD that I really don't know anymore. I'm just as happy though to keep wearing my own clothes for awhile-- I only just slimmed down into them again.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.