Mothering Forum banner

When you see/hear name Zacarias, do you automatically think of Zacarias Moussaoui?

• Yes

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • No

Votes: 66 77.6%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DH thinks Zacarias Moussaoui, and so refuses to consider the name. I feel like it's not on the top of everyone's minds. Looking to see what people think. I don't want to name my baby something that will be trouble for him later on . . . . Thanks!

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
We love the name Zachariah, but are thinking of Zachary instead for that same reason. Some things to consider: will you call him Zacharias or will you call him Zach? If he's called Zach, that's such a common nickname in America, that I doubt the Moussaoui connotation will be much of an issue. Also, elementary school kids will most likely have no idea who Moussaoui is, and by the time he's old enough for his peers to be aware of world events, Moussaoui's notoriety will be in the distant past. A final thought--do you live in an area with a large Arabic population? (We do). If so, no one will think twice about it. I think it's a beautiful name.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I think of the word, "vicarious".

It is a neat name, but a bit difficult to hear it and understand what the name is, and how to spell it. I wonder if people will make you, or your son, repeat it repeatedly before they would "get" it. Neat name though.

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alison77
DH thinks Zacarias Moussaoui, and so refuses to consider the name. I feel like it's not on the top of everyone's minds. Looking to see what people think. I don't want to name my baby something that will be trouble for him later on . . . . Thanks!
your son won't have the last name moussaoui so i don't think people will associate the name with the terrorist...and alone zacarias is a lovely name...

·
Registered
657 Posts
I think of that song we sang as kids... "Zach-key-us(I can't remember the spelling of it, lol) was a wee little man..."

Though, Zacharias and Zach-key-us(however you spell it) are pronounced differently, I know. Still, I think of the song for some reason.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.