Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,239 Posts
I just tried to vote but it took me directly to the results page without asking me if I did or not
:

·
Registered
148 Posts
voted AND left a comment along the lines of We live in Europe and here it's considered barbaric. We know that foreskin problems are a myth.

I also clicked on the link to Baby Center Germany and searched "Beschneidung" (the German word for circ). I only got two hits (one, actually because one lead to the other) in a glosary of terms.

Here's the entire quote:

"Beschneidung: Chirurgische Entfernung der Vorhaut am männlichen Penis. Sie wird in einigen Kulturkreisen aus religiösen Gründen durchgeführt, etwa im Judentum. Eine Beschneidung aus medizinischen Gründen ist eher selten."

Translation:
Circumcision: Surgical removal of the foreskin of the male penis. It is done in some cultures on religious grounds, in Judaism. Circumcision for medical reasons is rather seldom.

Goes to show.

Other than that, no articles on the subject. As it should be. WHY CAN'T AMERICA GET IT???

ETA: try this link http://www.babycenter.com/poll/newbo...ancy/1546.html I also first tried to vote and couldn't

·
Registered
14,239 Posts
Thanks voted
I also left a comment.

·
Premium Member
16,212 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MRDCatLvr
I just tried to vote but it took me directly to the results page without asking me if I did or not
:
Use the link in post #3.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry everyone. i posted the results link. But i just fixed it now. The poll is down at the bottom of the page. Thanks.

·
Registered
865 Posts
pheew...I just got back from that site. I was absolutly mortified!! I signed up to see what that board was all about and the ignorance about circ was really upsetting me!! I will never go back. I guess I am in ignorance bliss. My husband and I choose not to circ and we have had nothing but positive remarks. some people are weired out, but them seem more interested in our reasons..that ste just opened my eyes...I want them shut again!!!!

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Irks me that they have such terrible info, saying that intact penises can be kept as clean as circumcised penises by cleaning thoroughly underneath the foreskin!! Eeekk! You'd think the AAP recommendations on care didn't even exist!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts