Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever made pomanders with clementines instead of oranges? i'm thinking about doing this with my LO (almost 4) and think clementines would be easier to pierce with the cloves then oranges. thoughts? suggestions? i'd appreciate them!

· Registered
4,601 Posts
I say I'm going to do these every year, then I start asking around and everyone has such different "recipies" that I give up. How are you doing yours? Do you just poke cloves in citrus, or do you have some complicated simmering-in-essential-oils thing you do?

I think any citrus is fine. I've read that it helps to wrap masking tape or a band aid around your thumb you'll be piercing with, so you get a bit of padding and don't end up with blisters.

And that's all the advice I have on that!

· Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
update! we used the clementines and it was SOOOOO much nicer then using oranges. no toothpicks necessary! the cloves just poke right in. brilliant!

NiteNicole- we keep ours REALLY simple. i don't use any spice mix. the cloves and citrus are already lovely together. i don't think additional spices are necessary if you're looking to keep it simple. i'll keep the pomanders next to the heater or fire place for a few days to help accelerate the drying out process.

my next question...

what are you planning to do with your pomanders? dd created some, um...interesting designs on hers.
she worked so hard though! my diligent girl. i must showcase them! i was thinking about maybe making a wreath with them, but i'd love to hear other ideas!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.