Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I generally have been just checking out the dipes on the tp but i've decided to jump right into all of the conversations and am having SO much fun!

Anyhoo, quinn age 2.5 went pee and poo on the potty today for the first time! We made a big deal about it, cheering and "whoohoo-ing" and telling him how great he is.

Anyways, when he went to bed tonight I heard him on the baby monitor, talking to himself, reviewing the evening..."poopoo on the potty" "pee pee on the potty" "whoooo-hooooo"

it was SO cute.

We rewarded him with a bit of chocolate (a huge treat) and now he thinks he gets it every time (well, we kinda said he would)..what have we DONE? Is this totally stupid?

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
We didn't offer DD any rewards to go in the potty except for praise. She was however, much younger and there really weren't appropriate rewards. I have heard that rewards can be beneficial for the reluctant pottier but if your DC is willing to learn without such an incentive I would go for that. However since you already said you would give it to him maybe set a limit like only for this week then wean him down to stickers. I'm not realy sure.
Just an FYI I am a wiatress and one customer toldme that her granson was ALWAYS rewarded for going in the toilet so that now at the age of four he still expects a prize EVERYTIME he goes.

But....congrats on the progress. and welcome to the chats!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.