Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, we didn't start ec with my 2nd dd until she was 3 months. I didn't look too close at er habits until then. But we went really well. She never did pee or poop in her sleep. She always woke up at leasr a little.<br>
now my 3rd dd is 4 weeks. I wanted to start from birth but to be honest, I had to concentrate on keeping everything sane. We have tried to at least give her nakey time. And try to figure out her habits. One that really bothered me was that she was peeing and pooping in her sleep. But now she is waking up at least slightly to pee. However, she will nurse to sleep. Fall into a deep sleep, ull off my breast and then poop!!!! This is not only an ec problem, she then gets really upset with me changing her!! So, is this something that also disapears? Or does anyone have tips for those who eliminate in their sleep? I am baffled as to how to handle this

·
Registered
335 Posts
Does she get upset if you take her off partway through nursing and put her on the potty? Is she thrashing or giving any other indication that she needs to poop when she nurses? My dd will poop right after nursing, sometimes, but there's usually cues that she needs to (she's 5mos now).

·
Registered
105 Posts
Can you start giving her a verbal cue (when she is awake) when she poops and then try giving that verbal cue at night before she falls back into a deep sleep? Sometimes it appears that my son (4 months) is going to fall back asleep while nursing without peeing first and I say "piddle piddle!!" and he'll pee then.<br><br>
Also, you could let your daughter sleep naked, on prefolds. Then it would be easier to just slide the dirty prefold out from underneath her and replace it with a new one. It's not like they're rolling around at night at that age. My boy sleeps on prefolds- it is working out great! I'll have to rethink what to do at night if he starts moving/ rolling around in his sleep.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is not so much that she is nursing when she poops, it is that she has yet to poop once when she was awake. We starrted to do cues with pee, which is slightly funny since both of my older dds have btdt and everyone gives her cues. She has yet to respond to them thoigh. I am just hoping that she grows out of the pooping while sleeping thing. I will try just putting a diaper under her while she is sleeping, she is just in my lap. I am not sure if it would work at night though. She sleeps so close to me that I am sure we would bothe be really messy after she poooped

·
Registered
840 Posts
I think she'll grow out of it, probably in 2-3 weeks.<br><br>
If it's not always right after nursing, then that's more complicated. But if you're nursing (or have just been nursing) it wouldn't be too bad to try to have her on a potty bowl for a few minutes when she stops nursing, or even during. I know someone who walked around nursing her second daughter while holding a potty bowl under her, all with one hand! LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts