Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I did something wrong. My 2 yr old daughter is slowly being toilet trained. Recently she started pooping in the tub each night. At first I didn’t say anything but then decided to say “no poo-poo in tub, use potty”. Now she won't use the potty and is scared to poo in the tub. It's been a few days and she's constipated. Should I re-encourage her to poo in the tub?

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
My guess is that the warm water was helping her go. Try filling her potty with warm water and putting it in the tub.<br><br>
Also, constipation can mean that she's not getting enough water, enough fiber, or is getting too much fiber.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
OMG. Nora did the SAME thing. We eased up on the potty learning, and after a few days she wasn't scared of the tub anymore and would poop in her diaper. For awhile, it was touch and go and we had to skip bath here and there if she was too freaked out, but it's been a few weeks now and she is doing much better. Potty learning had to be put on hold, but I think she's much more comfortable and I'm willing to go at her pace.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts