Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I hear this anymore I'm gonna FREAK! I guess he picked it up at preschool. He uses is as a noun, adjective, adverb, just however he can. I am scared to draw too much attention when he says it because I don't want him to use it as a way to get attention, but I've told him it's not nice to say and it hurts peoples feelings. He still continues to say it. Will it just fade away or is there something I can do?

· Premium Member
1,983 Posts
Just responding to commisserate (sp?). Dd picked up "booty" a bit ago. I'd prefer her to stick with "heiny", but alas, I am sometimes treated to "bootybootybootybooty!!!" I can tell you it is less frequent than originally experienced.

· Premium Member
4,932 Posts
We have a rule in our house that all "bathroom talk" needs to take place out of earshot of grown-ups. Friends of ours use the rule that "if your mouth needs to have a poop, it needs to go in the bathroom, just like when your bottom needs to have a poop."

I don't think there's any way to make them stop doing it. My dad was trying to tell my four-year-olds how "it's really not funny" to talk that way. I was like, "um, well, clearly it's HILARIOUS to them, so telling them it's not funny isn't going to work." But as long as I don't have to hear it, I don't mind that they say it.

HTH!

Lex

· Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i thought about it more and i just think it's his way of telling a joke. you know, he can't think as logically and tell jokes like older kids and adults, so saying funny words is his way of telling a joke. maybe i'll be silly with him and it may pass quicker as it did for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.