Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is really hard to explain, the sensation I get, and have had since immediately after ds's birth. I had an epidural, and TONS of fluids through IV. Afterward, everytime I would lie down or change position while lying down, I would get this gushing type of sound/feeling in my spine just below my head. I asked the nurses and doc's about it at the hospital, and they sort of all acted like I was insane or something. No one ever really diagnosed it or told me what it might be. I can only best explain it like the sensation of having those pop rocks inside of my spinal column. It's been 16 weeks....I still am getting it every once and a while when I lie down. Any one ever felt or heard of such a thing?

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
16 weeks later!? Wow, that can't be good. Can you go to your regular family physician to get checked out, or if you aren't into western medicine after the incident, maybe a chiropractor? I think that should get checked out, it does not sound good.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
I don't know specifically about those feelings, but in my time in clinic and then 5 years of chiro practice, I know that epidurals and spinals are BAD news. You are putting a needle into something that is supposed to be a CLOSED system. It's not supposed to be *punctured*. Same with spinal taps, though of course with taps you are taking AWAY from it, and with epidurals and spinals you are ADDING to it. Neither of those situations is good for a situation that's not supposed to gain or lose anything except by its own means.

I would recommend seeing a GENTLE chiro, perhaps someone who does Network Spinal Analysis (you can google it if you like) and start seeing them, see if things change. You might also check out Cranio Sacral Therapy, which also deals with the spine around the cerebrospinal fluid and can be amazing.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by GooeyRN
16 weeks later!? Wow, that can't be good. Can you go to your regular family physician to get checked out, or if you aren't into western medicine after the incident, maybe a chiropractor? I think that should get checked out, it does not sound good.
I've talked w/family physician about it...they don't take me seriously either! I'm going to ask my OB at my next appt., and I'll ask my chiro this week.

Ugh!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.