Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

my dd turns 1yr on monday and she is very busy trying to be independant. today we were at the store and she wont let me carry her, she just cries cause she wants to walk, but she can only walk if someone holds her hand. So we were walking and she bent down to look at something and i had a firm grip on her hand and I felt it pop!
And she immediately was in tears and she wouldn't stop crying. Her little hand is limp, she can move it and her fingers but you can clearly tell that it's painful.
: Oh I feel so horrible. I feel like such a bad mama for doing that to her. Has anyone here had that happen to their child? Is there anything I can do for her? I am comforting her and she took a nap but she is clearly still in pain. its not swollen and would there be something a doc could do for her if i took her in? or would it be pointless?

TIA!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh and when will it be better? i dont want her in this much pain for her bday party tomorrow..

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I was also going to mention nursemaid's elbow, since you mentioned the arm was being held limp. DS had it about a year ago, and over the phone our ped talked us through how to pop it back in place. It was a scary thing but ds handled it well - he had some playdoh to hold onto and distract him in his other hand while we carefully did the maneuver to fix it. He was like new a minute later.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! After I read the links you sent, I took her in right away to a walk in family practice and even though she was mad at the doctor for putting her through more pain, she was good as new within a few minutes!! I have my happy baby back!!!!
:

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I haven't read the replies here, but it sure sounds like nursemaid's elbow (or dislocation of the radial head). Call your doc - it's a quick and easy fix, and your babe will feel soooooo much better afterward!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.