Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am due in a few short weeks here... We will be keeping our newborn in our room, but not co-sleeping, for the first few months (hopefully until she is sleeping thru the night). We don't have enough room for a crib in our bedroom, nor can we fit a co-sleeper next to the bed unless we arrange the room so that you have to climb over the bed to get thru to the bathroom. SO I think our options are bassinet or a portacrib. To save money I think I would like to get a portacrib that has a bassinet attachment since we will need to the portacrib next summer when we are camping anyways. Our only concern is making sure that this is not unhealthy for baby's back. Does anyone know, or have any idea where I could look to make sure this isn't an issue??? TIA!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking mainly of the fact that it might not be as supportive as a regular crib or bassinet mattress.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
do you mean like a real port a crib (like a normal crib, just smaller), or like a pack n play?

·
Registered
256 Posts
We have a cosleeper and I don't think it's any different mattress-wise than the pack n play. (I think it's about the same size too!) Babe should be fine.

·
Registered
130 Posts
DS sleeps in a pack and play with the bassinet attachment every night. He prefers it to our bed (probably because DD is still there!). He's had no problems and is comfortable there. You want a firm place for baby to sleep anyways. Too much cushion isn't safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts