Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We're heading up from Boise through Portland on our way out to our annual Oregon Coast vacation this weekend. (Friday, actually.) We're hoping to arrive Friday evening, then get up early the next day to do a tiny bit of Portland shopping and the zoo before heading out to the in-laws in Yachats.

Can anyone tell me if there are any second-hand stores that might have a good selection of adult women's clothes in the area? If there were kids clothes too, so much the better, but they are pretty well set through this coming fall and perhaps winter.

I've been losing the baby weight steadily and I'd like to get a few nice basic pieces (like a couple of skirts and a couple of shirts/sweaters/cardigans) w/o paying a great deal, since I seem to be continuing to slim down.

If you could give me an address and maybe a phone number, I should be able to find it from there. Thanks so much for responding!

Krista
P.S. Extra points if you can also tell me somewhere I could try out a Mei Tai in the area (new or used). And in case I spelled it wrong, I am talking about the child carrier, not the drink.
(Though a drink might be nice too....)

· Registered
2,358 Posts
I know that both Zanzibar and Bella Stella in NE Portland have both children's and Women's resale clothing, and I know Bella Stella sells slings, but not Mei Tais...I know that Milagros Boutique has some Mei Tais (I'm consigning them there!) and I have one for sale (I'm in NE Portland too) you could always come visit us!

Emily

· Registered
2,764 Posts
If you are going to be around the Hawthorne area

Buffalo exchange
PORTLAND

1420 SE 37th Avenue (hawthorne)
(503) 234-1302

1036 W. Burnside (downtown)
(503) 222-3418

and

Red Light Clothing Exchange
3590 SE Hawthorne Blvd., 963-8888.

They are a couple of blocks apart and on different sides of the street

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Extra credit for everyone!

But seriously, thanks so much! I totally forgot about Saturday being a market day. I will have to drag the family out to check things out. I will also check out the second-hand stores that seem to be fairly close together. That would probably be best for us with limited time anyway.

And to answer a PPs question, I'm right at a loose-ish 12, but can't fit into a 10 exactly, so I think I've maybe just slipped out of the plus-size category.

Thanks again! You Portland ladies are quite a tribe!

Krista

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.