Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a busy time of year for everyone, but I hope you'll make time for our next Diaper Circle & (at last) Sewing Class.

PORTLAND DIAPER CIRCLE:
Monday, November 14
10 a.m. - Noon
Woodstock Library Community Room
6008 SE 49th Ave.
Portland, OR 97206
Trimet bus routes: #19W, #75

As always, newbies & pros welcome. I'll be doing a little presentation on low cost/free and "emergency" cloth diapering so if you have any tips or examples, bring them to share. Mostly we'll be chatting as usual! I will bring sewing patterns for tracing for those who missed them last time.

Also, ongoing donations for http://www.MiracleDiapers.com will be accepted.

DIAPER SEWING CLASS:
Saturday, November 19
Noon - 3 p.m.
RCT Fabrics
2515 NW Nicolai
Portland, OR 97210
In the NW Industrial area, just off Hwy. 30/405 south

RCT is where I buy most of my diaper supplies. They have great prices and a lot of hard to find notions like FOE and aplix. It is not a sewing classroom per se, so we'll be winging it a little on how it is set up. I'll bring a sewing machine & serger and you are welcome to bring your own machine as well. I'll do a tour first, pointing out good fabrics if you want to buy any, then we'll start sewing!

I will also bring patterns and my snap press (plastic snaps .10 each, metal .35 each). Bring fabric (old flannel or jersey sheets, towels, t-shirts and most bathrobes are good for practice), scissors, pins and your baby's measurements (waist, thigh & rise) if possible.

Please, babies in carriers only at this class, no crawlers or walkers, sorry.

Let me know any questions and hope to see everyone at BOTH gatherings!

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
jenn: absolutely great for mamas-to-be! breana came last month and picked our brains for the new babe she's expecting in the new year!

we hope to be there, cyncyn... depends on the monkey boy's mood tomorrow. he's teething his last 2 canines something fierce and it's making me

~claudia

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.