Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I picked up a First Response test and retested...it came out negative...I then retested with the dollar stores tests and again it came out faintly positive...(in the inst it says not to read after 10 min...the positive took about 7 min to appear)????<br><br>
any insights

·
Premium Member
5,327 Posts
Did you wait the entire 9 min 59 secs for the 1St response? I think they take a little longer to pull that second line than some...

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
I got a faint positive (definitely positive, but not dark by any means) the other morning with a FRER, using concentrated fmu, and later that morning had a beta hcg test done (blood pregnancy test). It turned out my hcg level was 227! I completely lost faith in the FRERs at that point! I took another FRER the next morning (just because I had one and was curious), and it was very strongly positive. I think they can vary a lot from stick to stick. They are supposed to pick up on it when your level's as low as 15, but it's really hard to imagine that the test I used would have done that given that it was faint for 227.<br><br>
I would wait a couple of days and retest with a clearblue digital. No question there!<br><br>
HTH!<br><br>
Lex

1 - 3 of 3 Posts