Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the morning after pill two weeks ago. I started having sharp pains in the pelvic area yesterday, so I took a test and it was positive. I'm really scared that it will be ectopic. I regret taking the pill and hope things turn out well. I don't have a good feeling though. We went to the hospital tonight but the wait was too long so we're going back tomorrow.
I'm still in shock! Is there still a chance that this will be a healthy pregnancy?

:

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Definitely. The morning after pill is just a high dose of bcp's and doesn't affect a pregnancy. I know PLENTY of people who have gotten pg after using it, and on the pill and their babies are healthy little rugrats now. Try not to worry.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
The morning after pill is supposed to prevent implantation of a fertilized egg up to 72 hours after unprotected sex. If the egg already implanted when you took it, no harm/no foul. Make an appointment, go to Planned Parenthood, just go see your regular doctor, w/e. There is every chance in the world of having a healthy pregnancy, as AmieV said above - PlanB is just a high dose of birth control pills. Take another home test if you want to, and make an appointment with your regular doctor, Planned Parenthood, or a midwife or obstetrician. If you continue to have debilitating, constant, severe pain, certainly seek emergency treatment, but otherwise just go get checked out by a doc or midwife, and don't worry about the unforseen.
s to you - I hope things turn out well for you.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Congrats!!! I too have a friend who took several bcp's in hopes of mimic'ing the morning-after pill, and she ended up having a healthy daughter anyway (homebirth/waterbirth, btw!). The pills didn't affect her pregnancy AT ALL. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.