Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started cramping on left side yesterday. Dizzy. And changing position hurts.
Called Dr this morning. They got me in at 10:30am.
Ultrasound in office showed possible yolk sack in uterus and nothing by ovary.
Sent to radiology for better ultrasound and they saw nothing in uterus but saw something by ovary. Could be cyst. Could be ectopic.
Beta hcg levels tested at 1:00pm. Still waiting on results.
Pain and dizziness is steadily getting worse.
This was an unplanned pregnancy and I had even had a tubal ligation scheduled that I had to cancel when I got a positive pregnancy test.
So, no, I didn't want to have another baby. But I had just gotten used to the idea and told some of my kids. I was almost to the point of being excited about this new baby.
And now I'm scared.
No. I'm terrified. And I can't stop tearing up and crying.
Please send positive vibes my way.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Beta hcg levels 2,494. Tomorrow makes 5 weeks.
Nurse said numbers are good. Go back Friday to see if they're climbing properly.
Pain is definitely worse. Nearly every movement has me dizzy.
Still no bleeding, so that's good.
Trying to keep positive.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Oh no! Maybe it is "just" a ruptured cyst? I hope they can figure it out soon and the pain subsides!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Much better today. Still have moments where the pain knocks the wind out of me, but not near so often.
Guessing it's not tubal since that would continue getting worse, wouldn't it?
Very anxious for tomorrow's blood work.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I'm so sorry, that doesn't sound promising, i hope you are able to know for sure soon.. i'm one to always hope for the best so i'll be hoping everything is ok for you .. how is the pain level ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Physical pain is now nearly nonexistent.
I get dizzy and tingly very easily, though. But that could be anything.
Still no bleeding. Not even a spot.
Holding onto the tiniest shred of hope.
Calling Dr in the morning to find out what the next step is. I'm suing another ultrasound and betas.
Maybe we'll see a baby in my uterus and my numbers will be 5,000 or so. And I can relax.
And maybe there won't be anything in my uterus and the numbers will be much too low.
I'm preparing for the worst. I have to. If I don't, and something is wrong..
But if everything is fine, we will celebrate this miracle. Because I know, with all this, it will be a miracle if this is a viable pregnancy.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I'm sorry I you're going through all this stress and worry. I hope that your baby is OK. Please keep us updated

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Confirmed ectopic this morning. Had surgery to remove the baby. And both tubes since I had originally planned to have them tied next week.
Physically in pain. Emotionally a roller-coaster of sadness/relief/numbness.
I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For any of you that may be wondering, I am healing well physically from surgery. The emotional aspect will take longer. But I'm strong.
I'm certain my baby was a boy.
I named him Maximus Davidson Keen. His due date was March 22nd 2018. He was born laparoscopically on July 24th 2017 at 5wks 5days gestation.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.