Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Hi Mamas!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm a first timer so I'm not exactly sure what I felt over the weekend but I'm just slightly spooked and could use some support.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Had a sonogram last Thursday so I have a good sense of where everything is at the moment.  I think my sense of uterine position is pretty spot on.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It was late on Saturday night and we'd gone to a holiday party, didn't eat much, stuck with water.  Got home and I'd been expecting to eat more actually so we warmed up a relatively healthy frozen pizza - american flatbread - so I definitely ate a bit more than I should and kind of quickly.  With some red sauce for dipping on the side. (red sauce = red flag??)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>About an hour later I was in bed reading my copy of mothering mag and I felt my first contraction of any sort.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Maybe it was a braxton hicks...  I don't know.  It was not painless, nor was it extremely painful.  I could just feel tightening, especially toward the top (fundus) and bottom (towards cervix) and general tightening all around the uterus.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I was able to rest and relax and get hubby to rub my feet and it went away, I stayed relaxed and drifted off with my hypnobirthing relaxation track.  No further anything, though I could feel the aftereffects the next day a little - I did some gentle swimming to open my body up and relax things and that felt great.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Woke up yesterday just a little spooked though!  Could use insight and support, thanks, as I said, first time through this all.</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
999 Posts
<p>yup, sounds like braxton hicks, which you actually get throughout your pregnancy, and they just become more noticeable at some point along the way. absolutely nothing to worry about unless it's painful, in which case, get checked but probably still nothing to worry about. my BH have been painful and semi-regular since 25 weeks with this one, 32 weeks with my first. in the latter case, i wasn't even dilated or effaced when i was induced at 37 weeks.</p>

·
Registered
675 Posts
<p>Sounds like BH.  No need to worry unless like the previous poster said, they are painful, are accompanied by show/blood or establish a pattern that continues.  Labor contractions typically get stronger, longer and closer together as time goes on.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If it happens again and doesnt stop after one tightening.. try..</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Drinking water and laying on your left side.</p>
<p>Taking a warm bath</p>
<p>Listening to your relaxation track.. if hubby is massaging your feet or ankles, make sure to stay away from the uterine stimulating points</p>

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<p>Thanks everyone, I've got a map of the foot points to stay away from - thanks mc!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I did call it in and they were on and off the phone with me in like a minute - I guess it was epic for me but par for the course for everyone else.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'll definitely keep my heads up for anything more painful or more regular.  THANKS again for the reassurance!!!!!!!!</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts