Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried it this morning! I would have put this on the June thread, but since it's the last day of June, I wanted to make sure everyone saw it so I could get some advice.

I used baking soda, honey, and water, then diluted lime juice. Question: What should the consistency of the bs/honey/water mixture be? I made mine pretty runny, but it seems like it would be better if it were thicker.

I have thin, baby fine hair that hits the top of my ears at its shortest, the bottom of my ears at its longest. I'm trying to grow it out. My hair definitely has more volume today, but it feels a little strange. Almost like there's still stuff in it. Maybe I didn't rinse enough? Do I need to rinse more than with 'poo?

Another question: I'm going to be travelling for the next five days or so. Any suggestions on bringing my non-poo along? I usually wash my hair every day, so I don't think I'd make it the whole time without washing. I was thinking of picking up some travel-sized containers and filling one with bs, one with honey, and one with lime juice.

TIA!!

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I tried it last night too, with baking soda and honey, with a chamomile tea rinse. My hair feels pretty ick today, actually...
What did I do wrong? Do I have to use the vinegar? Will plain vinegar work, or does it have to be acv? Thanks!

·
Registered
398 Posts
I'm still new at no poo so take this for what it's worth....When I make my bs, honey, water mix it's pretty thick, like a watery paste I can hold it in my fingers without it running through them too easily but it's liquid enough to run through my hair with out to much trouble. Does that make sense?

I have not used the chamomile tea rinse. But I also don't like the smell of acv. There are a couple of choices...Lime juice (diluted) Or lime juice/acv mix (lime juice, acv, and water). This takes the edge off the acv smell. As far as the way my hair feels, I like the lime/acv mix the best, although I could still do with out the acv smell.

As for your hair feeling like there is stuff in it....There maybe. I did find that i have to rinse a little differently, no poo. I have to rinse more thourghly, like flip my head over and rinse underneath too. Also, my hair just feels different with no poo, so you have distinquish between is there something wrong (not rinsing enough) or is this due to not striping my hair with chemicals.

Like I said, I'm still new but I hope this helps. Someone else might have different advice.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have been using gel and hairspray after my shampoo, so, to get this no poo started, how do I get rid of this build up? I used bs/honey/acv today, but hair looks greasy. Help! I am new to this and I want it to work
!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Okay - you got me!!! I'm hooked!!!!

My dd (4 and a half) has an amazing head of thick, long dirty blond hair. We have to shampoo and condition almost every night, otherwise it gets kind of wild. Actually, it gets pretty wild anyway.

Well, I read your post and gave it a try - we did one rinse of bs+water+honey, it came out pretty thin and runny, but it seemed to have been fine. We then did lemon juice+vinegar (regular) + warm water. Her hair is amazingly clean, soft, and beautiful!! I can't wait to see how it is tomorrow.

My dh came in in the middle and thought I had gone
. When he saw how it looked after it dried he said: "lets wait till tomorrow. Better yet, lets wait till the next time we wash it. the we'll see" (to which I said:
)

I'll keep you guys posted!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts