Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...anyone have any tips to help *us get through this relatively unscathed?
Thanks - if this is in the wrong place - my apologies as I wasn't sure where to post.

(DH and I and DD seem to have got through this within 2-3 days but DS1 didn't fare as well and DS2 is almost 6 mo. old)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Take lots of Sodium Ascorbate. I got some other tips from some MDCers including gargling sage tea (that helped relieve sore throat symptoms), gargling dilute GSE, take lots of probiotics, gargle sodium ascorbate, I also used echinacea propolis spray to relieve the worst pain, happened a couple times in the middle of the night. Wash your hands a lot, keep your coughs and sneezes to yourself, make sure you change your toothbrush a couple of times. Strep can be contagious for up to a couple of weeks without ABX treatment. The hardest part is not passing it back and forth. Strep can live on external surfaces for around 2 hours I believe.

The good news is that it is rare for kids under 4 to get strep throat. We had strep recently in our house, DH had it twice, I had it once, ds (3) didn't get it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts