Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,553 Posts
After thinking it through, I have to say, I hope she gets off. She had motivation it sounds like. When a person is that abused, and the husband is that controlling, divorce, or simply walking away, isn't an option. I hope the charges get dropped and she gets her kids back, his parent's done seem like they are too good for the kids (wanting to keep them from their mom).

·
Registered
9,039 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Synthea™ View Post
(wanting to keep them from their mom).
She killed their dad.....I don't think it is to horrible wanting to keep a child away from a murder. Two wrongs do not make a right.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really don't think she should just get off. She killed her husband. Maybe she was abused, maybe not. If she was, I hope it can be shown and that taken into consideration during her sentencing. I believe she should still have prison time.

The second article said she pled not guilty. Wonder if the battered woman's defense was added in there??

·
Banned
5,619 Posts
I just hope, assuming she is telling the truth, that there is enough evidence to back her up. And I feel so bad for her little ones. I wonder what the grandparents are telling them to say. Sometimes the apple does not fall far from the tree.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
This is a story from March. Is there something new? My dh knew their family and had met both her and her dh years ago. He was her younger sibling's youth pastor for a little while. It just looks like they're in the process of the court proceedings but nothing has been ruled.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sophmama View Post
This is a story from March. Is there something new? My dh knew their family and had met both her and her dh years ago. He was her younger sibling's youth pastor for a little while. It just looks like they're in the process of the court proceedings but nothing has been ruled.
The first article is an update. It is from Nov. 20 and talks about motive (the alleged abuse).

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RachelGS View Post
Not surprising, but soooo sad.
Yep. I wasn't shocked to hear that at all. When this story first broke, my first thought was, 'I'll bet he beat the hell out of her.'

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.