Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night as I was getting ready for bed I noticed that I had some burning and felt like I still needed to go....so when I checked the tp it had a very faint, I mean so faint I wouldn't have noticed it, drop of red and a two streaks of very lite pink. I called my dr this am and have a 11:30 apt to check on the uti.
anyone familair with uti's? can they cause bleeding? I had a uti at the very end of my pregnancy with my dd2. of course I worried myself wondering if something is wrong. I know i will feel better if I can see the heartbeat...I am about 7 1/2 almost 8 weeks.
I called in sick to work....just didn't want to deal with it today. send happy baby thoughts my way. I have felt totally positive about this pregnancy... I will update later

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I had blood in my urine with the last UTI I had. Little tiny pinhead drops, mostly bright red. My MW said that once you get to the point of peeing blood, it's usually a pretty raging infection so it's a good thing you are going in to get looked at. I bet that is all that you're seeing. I hope you have a great Dr.'s visit. Stress sucks!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Just to share my experience in case it helps...I had recurring UTI's in University. Not related to pregnancy, I know, but I hope my experience helps you. I was put on every med known to man, nothing worked. I drank cranberry juice, ate tons of corn, tried all the "tricks". Docs even made me change the way I had sex!
: I ended up having a cystoscopy (think that's what it was called - a camera put up my "pee hole!" Pretty awful to say the least) and NOTHING helped. I was in agony. It got so bad a few times I ended up in emerg, in shock, I peed straight blood, the works.

Turns out, after much "figuring out", the reason for the UTI's was that I was not drinking anything all day b/c I hate public bathrooms and didn't want to use the public bathrooms at the University. The cure that finally worked? Drinking 1.5L of water (the big water bottle) every day. That was it. WATER. As soon as I started drinking a huge thing of water (and going pee) the UTI's "miraculously" dissapeared, seriously, within a day. I had suffered for months. I continued to be susceptible to them for years if I wasn't drinking enough. I could always feel when I was on the verge of getting one - I would just drink a huge thing of water and it would head it off at the pass.
Moral of the story? Drink LOTS of water.

So before you try meds, crazy diet changes, and other "tricks", just consume large quantities of water and keep your bladder cleaned out and see if that helps. Hopefully you'll be saved some agony if that works for you too.

Kathy.

·
Premium Member
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, no uti. very odd...sent my urine out for even more tests and nothing. I feel fine and have been having just a tiny bit of brown discharge. *shrugs* dunno....so, I go back weds just to double check and see what my hcg level's and such...

·
Registered
246 Posts
You probably are just having the spotting that *everyone* on this DDC is having around this time... read other posts on the brown/faint pink spotting that seems so common and normal around this time of pregnancy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts