Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Hi:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have searched this area and read every post about Springfield dating back years, but have not gleaned much information. There also seems to be no meetup groups, facebook groups or other groups I can find. Lots of info about Peoria it seems, but Springfield, nothing.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can anyone tell me a bit about Springfield IL? An overview of the area? Anything you think is useful information.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Areas to live......we'd be looking for a walking/family friendly/maybe kinda crunchy area reasonably close to downtown (well the federal building where DH would be working)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I know that when we move I'll need a doctor since I'll have a newborn and a toddler. We prefer a family practice doctor.</p>
<p>non/selective vaccine friendly, extended BF friendly, intact friendly.......</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'll also need a good, reasonably priced veterinarian and understanding since we have a bunch of (aging) animals.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for any info that anyone has. I am feeling really blah about a potential move, but that's probably because i am 34 weeks pregnant, and trying NOT to think about selling my house while dealing with a newborn/toddler/pets. Sigh.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>-Larissa</p>

·
Registered
435 Posts
<p>I know there's a babywearing group there, Central IL Babywearers. I bet those mamas could help you! They have a Facebook group.</p>

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p>Hi again, just an update.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>ACK we ARE moving to Springfield IL in June, so 2.5 months.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I will be looking up that babywearing FB group, but if there is anyone here with info on the area it would be of GREAT help.</p>
<p>I just had my baby on Monday (2 days ago) the same day my husband found out he got the job. Feeling very stressed since there is so much to do, and i cant overdo it for at least 6 weeks.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I will need to make sure i have a Dr lined up that i trust for sure.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you.</p>

·
Registered
282 Posts
<p>Hello.  I live in Springfield,  My name is Tabitha.  I have a 9 year old boy and a 19 month old daughter.  I haven't had a whole lot of luck on the vaccine friendly docs around here but haven't really applied myself to it either.  The Chatham Veterinary Clinic is really good for being reasonable.  They seem to cost less that most of the clinics in town. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I don't really get into the baby wearing groups or anything like that, don't take the time.  But most of the people I know are really open to deviating from the conventional norm.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But anyways.  Welcome to Springfield. When you come, maybe we can do lunch or something.  I work downtown at one of the law offices. <br>
 </p>
<p>Congrats on the home birth.  I am glad it went your way.  I had home birth midwives for my daughter.</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts