Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am posting this to see if anyone in the Morrisville/Cary/RTP area is interested in a half-day home-based Kindergarten program for the 2010-2011 school year that is not academically focused in the traditional sense. If this describes you, please contact me!!<br><br>
I am hoping to find at least two families and would like to keep the group small with only 3-5 children including my own daughter. I would only charge $20 per 4-hour day per child, but have not set up any specific times or days yet. I am willing to accept 4-6 year olds and am flexible about number of days etc.<br><br>
About Me:<br><br>
I started teaching young children in 1999 and have a 2-year degree in Early Childhood and several related certificates, and am currently a senior through UNCG for Early Care & Education (birth-Kindergarten). My own daughter is a former 2lb preemie who is now a healthy 5.5 year old. I have mostly been a stay-at-home mom since she was very small, but I am always learning new things about child development and teaching. My husband is an RTP computer geek, and we live in a single family home right at the Durham/Wake border.<br><br>
About my Kindergarten beliefs:<br><br>
There is too much of a push into early academics today and our children are suffering the loss of a meaningful childhood. Young children are active, hands-on learners that have an innate curiosity about the world around them and their place in it. Research has proven that creative, imaginative play is the most developmentally appropriate means for children to learn. Materials must be open-ended allowing for a variety of uses as the child chooses. Activities must be culturally and individually relevant for children to get the most out of their learning experiences. Areas of importance to me include a connection with nature, artistic expression, literacy, self-help skills, problem-solving, and social interaction.<br><br>
If you are interested at all or just curious and want to ask questions, PLEASE do not hesitate to contact me!! I am very open-minded and know that you are too!<br><br>
I look forward to hearing from you!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts