Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies, I`m at a loss here and in need of advice. TIA

My periods are not regular, they`ve never been. But ever since my m/c back in August, they`ve been a nightmare. I used to have lots of cramping but don`t have cramps now. Instead, I`ve been having VERY heavy bleeding, often without warning. My period is all small clots hardly any actual blood at all (sorry if TMI)
And I don`t understand my cycles either. I used to be able to tell by temping/checking CP what was going on. Now my CP remained high and soft during my period and it is even now. Has this ever happened to you?
Well, I guess, my question is :How have your post m/c cycles been like? Are the very different/weird? We are TTC and it frustrates me that I can`t tell what`s going on. Guess, there are some things we have no control over..

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I am just having my first post m/c period, so I can't really tell you. I was actually going to ask something similar. I was really expecting this period to be extra light considering that I am only 2 weeks out from the last of my m/c bleeding, but it is WAY extra heavy. I haven't been checking my CP regularly (although I did for about a year before getting pregnant) but I did check it about a week ago and I was surprised. It just seemed weird--soft and open when I was clearly not ovulating or about to get my period.

I am trying so hard to let go and stop obsessing, but here I am anyway.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Your cervix it likely to remain a little softer than usual for a while because it's been through some major changes - it's opened, to let out your baby. Not much, it's true - but it did have to open. So, for that reason, it's not going to feel the same any more. I've found mine is a little more open and a slightly different shape now than before, because I did dilate to 4cm before the c section. It's never been very hard since - low, medium, high, sure, and various degrees of firmness, but never really hard like it used to be at times, like just before my period.

Also, cervix position and consistency change depending on hormones. What you can do to try to regulate your cycle is take either Evening Primrose Oil, or even better - Borage oil (also called Starflower Oil). They are both (though Borage is more concentrated and effective) very very good at regulating the female hormones, and your cycle. However, you may need a month or so before they start making an impact. A few years ago I took Borage Oil to regulate my cycle and it was very effective.

Anyhow, if you have a doc and an appointment soon, you could mention it to him or her. Otherwise, to plot ovulation, keep temping - switch to vaginal temps next cycle if you can, because the results you get there are often more readable than oral temps. Also OPK's can b useful - try taking them at about noon, and don't drink too much coffee in the morning so your urine isn't too diluted! That's when I've had the most luck with them. Keep checking your cervix and you might notice a different pattern or feeling than before - this might be your new normal.

Anyhow hope that helps a bit! I'm no expert, for sure, but the above I think is fairly accurate information that's helped me in the past
*hugs* XX

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.