Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mods: feel free to move this if in wrong place...
Hi all,

For my two kiddies, I never got the 2 yr blissful vacation from AF. She reared her ugly head when both kiddies were 9 months old or so. I've had two periods, one in March and one in April. AF completely skipped May. The first two periods were about 6 or 7 weeks apart.

My question: was your pp AF irregular? If so, at what interval (5 weeks? 8 weeks?) and for how long? (4 cycles? 8 cycles?)

I don't feel any different or out of the usual, and I'm still nursing. Holding off on running a pregnancy test (don't want to be preggo so soon )...

TIA

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I got AF at 11 weeks (EBF twins), 8 weeks (EBF singleton), and 9 weeks (EBF singleton).

Each time after the initial one, it was like clock work.

Strangely enough, this is the *only* time AF is like clock work...when I am exclusively nursing. Once I weaned, even partially, AF got less and less predictable.

I have PCOS, so there must be something about nursing that actually normalizes my hormones.

As for your situation, do you know when/if you ovulated after your last period? Have you had unprotected intercourse? Do you have pg symptoms?

I'm not a patient person, and I'd much rather POAS than wonder and drive myself crazy. Around here, you can get a test at the dollar store for $1. At least then you'd know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.