Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had a c-section on 11/24, with my second son, and had the normal pp bleeding for about a week, and then it turned to just the yellowish lochia. Which has been continuing through now, but then last night I noticed that I had what looked liked some old blood, as it was dark brown, not bright red. So I was a little annoyed, and put a pad on for bed just in case. Well this morning I realize I had soaked all the way through my pad, which I never even do on my heaviest period day.
So is this just a return of more post partum bleeding, or am I cursed and this is the return of my period already? I am exclusively breastfeeding, and he only turned 3 weeks old today, so if it is my period I am ticked off. Otherwise could it just be my uterus shrinking more? Any advice appreciated.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
I seriously doubt that this is already a return of menses. Possibly, as you say, more shrinking of the uterus. Also--did you do more yesterday than usual--on your feet more, fewer naps, lifting heavier things, anything different? Overexertion can bring on fresh pp bleeding--and it doesn't take much, in the first month after birth, to constitute 'overexertion'. Try taking things a bit easier for a day or 2, may well help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.