Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Hi!  I probably should have read about this more before the baby was born, lol.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm currently 8 days PP.</p>
<p>I have a 'skid mark' up toward the front that still burns pretty bad most of the time when I pee.  I haven't seen it but it feels small and the doctor said it wasn't bleeding or anything when she found it.  How long should I expect to wait before its healed enough that I don't notice it anymore?  Is it worse for DTD (in a few weeks/months, lol) for it to be in the front rather than the back or side?</p>
<p>I <em>thought</em> I had some pretty strong kegels.  Now I can't let my bladder get over half full or it just lets go.  I also can't fully stop the flow once I'm on the toilet.  I almost asked my DH to get me some Depends the second time I peed myself.  Does this stop on its own?  Is there something I should be doing?  I'm just thankful I don't pee when I cough/sneeze!</p>
<p>I swear my boobs went crazy.  There was the initial engorgement but now they feel a lot softer.  Now I get this strange tingling pain (that lasts about a minute) after I haven't fed him for an hour or two.  Its kind of like the engorgement pain and kind of like they are 'filling up'.  What is this?!  I don't think I feel it during a feeding, just in between them.</p>
<p>My tailbone is also sore.  I pushed up on my hands and knees so I guess it could be worse but it gets really uncomfortable when I've been up and walking or I sit wrong.  My mom thinks it might be cracked but it doesn't quite hurt bad enough that I think there is that much damage.</p>

·
Registered
289 Posts
<p>Congrats on New Baby!  I can help with some of your questions.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It took almost a month for me to feel the urge to pee/recognize a full bladder after my first baby (OP, 4 hrs pushing).  My MW explained that nerves, etc can be traumatized (not necessarily damaged) with a long pushing stage and take some time to recover.  Basically, I tried to pee after every feeding.  I would say keep up the Kegels and give it a while to get better. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>The tingly boob pain--for me that means that I smelled the baby/heard a cry/etc and let down could be a moment away (or not).  You 'should' be over engorgement by day 8 but it's going to take weeks or months for your milk supply to regulate.  It took three months with my first and I still needed breast pads for 9 months.   </p>
<p> </p>
<p>As far as the tailbone pain, I pushed on hands & knees and didn't have any tailbone pain.  Maybe a trip to the chiro is in order?  Take it easy on yourself, you had a baby a mere 8 days ago! </p>

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
<p>yup. all sounds very normal for 8 days..  it will get better in a few weeks (everything!) ..</p>
<p> </p>
<p>for the skid mark, i had a tear that went up toward the front , along the side, and inside.. .  awesome, right? it hurt waaaay worse during recovery than my previous tears  but one day.. day 10-11 or so it just stopped hurting/burning .. it was still sore/achey down there and i had all sorts of issues with my bladder for the first 3-4 weeks.. every kid.  by about 4-5 weeks things started feeling normal again .. i don't leak pee anymore at 3 months..   it will all get better !  the tear isn't any worse than the other tears were, they don't hurt at all now while DTD .. i can tell there is scar tissue that doesn't stretch the same way but its not painful... and i can only feel it if we don't use enough lube..</p>

·
Registered
425 Posts
That all sounds normal to me, too. I totally relate to feeling like you should have read up on the postpartum period more! I felt like I knew what I was in for with birth, but I was shocked - SHOCKED! - at how awful I felt in the days following. There was a thread here a while back called something like "what you wish someone would have told you" that was very reassuring to me.<br><br>
I remember having little to no bladder control after DS was born (4 hours pushing!), and silently wondering if this was my new normal. But it got better on its own relatively quickly, within a few weeks I'd say.<br><br>
And my boobs were haywire for at least a few weeks, too... It felt like they'd never even out, but they did.<br><br>
Eight days, you're still in the trenches! Every day will be a little better than the last, and you'll be amazed at how your body heals. Congrats on your baby!

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
<p>All sounds normal to me as well!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I remember not being able to feel myself pee at all for at least a couple weeks.  And 2 years later everything in that respect is pretty much business as usual.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>With the tingling, does it feel like electricity?  That's your let down.  And it doesn't necessarily happen only when you're nursing.  It's just simply your breasts trying to tell you "hey, go feed again."  And even sometimes when you shouldn't need to feed at all!  Like at weddings, or in the grocery store...  It does stop happening at random within a few months.  But don't hesitate to feed feed feed that breastmilk!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My tailbone hurt something FIERCE postpartum.  To the point where I sad funny for a few weeks.  I'd say within two it was mostly better.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Of course, call your healthcare provider if you're worried!!</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<p>Update:  Tailbone still hurts.  Saw the doc for my postpartum check up and he said some women have some pain for months afterward... I'm going to see my chiro as soon as I can!!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>STILL bleeding.  One month, 9 days later and it keeps stopping and starting.  Since my appointment its gone back to red (hasn't been red in a long time) but its not 'heavy'.  Its so freaking annoying.  I want to be done with smelly pads already.  (And DH wants me to wear sexier underwear.)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>And the weird feeling was definitely letdown.  Its crazy but at least its not happening without me realizing it!</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts