Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd start this since we have some pp mamas
. I can't contribute yet but I thought I'd see how you all are doing (some of you posted in another thread). Following April DDC suit...

How are you recovering?

How is your new LO?

How is breastfeeding going?

How is the rest of your family doing?

What else would you like to share?

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump! We have more post partum mamas!

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CookAMH View Post
How are you recovering?
Pretty well... Up and about just fine, still a little sore in the nether regions. But last night, I was sitting on my bed with my leg stretched out, and had an itch on my foot... I bent over to scratch it... and suddenly I realize that I CAN BEND FORWARD AND SCRATCH MY FOOT.

That was an awesome moment.

Quote:
How is your new LO?
Beautiful. A little jaundiced, so we have her on the biliblanket, but she's an angel.

Quote:
My nipples are a little sore because we're still working on getting good latches. But she's way into it and eats a lot. I love it despite the sore nipples... especially when she's fully awake and eye wide, and looks up at my face... I'm starting to realize really how bonding it is.

Quote:
No other siblings, so everyone's in love and doing well. Well, Gary our cat is a little pissed that he isn't the baby anymore, but

*subs to thread* Be popping in when I can...

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly1101 View Post
Pretty well... Up and about just fine, still a little sore in the nether regions. But last night, I was sitting on my bed with my leg stretched out, and had an itch on my foot... I bent over to scratch it... and suddenly I realize that I CAN BEND FORWARD AND SCRATCH MY FOOT.

That was an awesome moment.
The joys of getting your body back.

Glad your recovery is going well. Enjoy your little one!

·
Registered
462 Posts
How are you recovering?
pretty well for the most part. I was feeling much better and then Sunday i was hit with the worst flu of my life.
high fever and aches everywhere. I feel like i am finally on the other side now and look forward to getting outside and going for a walk.

How is your new LO?
She is wonderful
she is such a calm sweet baby. Still sleeping alot since she was a preemie, but grew out of her first outfit

VERY WELL. She sometimes blows milk out her nose after a feeding, but it does not seem to bother her one bit
:

big brother is totally in love
:and doing very well with patience and such. I am missing him more than i ever thought i would. I mean he is here its just most of my time is going to the baby right now and i miss all our cuddles. He is fine wiht it all, but maybe i'm not. :
Poppa is doing well. He has been really good about taking over the bedtime shift for ds and taking him to run around outside everyday.

I am so looking forward to all the babies to be born here and can't wait for pictures and stories

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvbnamomma View Post
She sometimes blows milk out her nose after a feeding, but it does not seem to bother her one bit
:
ROTFL the first time Emma did that, it freaked me out so bad. She is so not fazed by it, though.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly1101 View Post
ROTFL the first time Emma did that, it freaked me out so bad. She is so not fazed by it, though.
yes, it is very odd my ds never did anything like it so it freaked me out a bit also. i was thinking its a good thing i sleep with her because there have been several occasions where i believe she could have choked pretty seriously if i was not there to catch it. At this point when she is lying alone she is ALWAYS on her side (Just in case).

·
Registered
382 Posts
How are you recovering? I am recovering great. I am still shocked I have a baby. He was sleeping well then two nights in a row he woke to feed every 2 hrs!!! (including the feeding time) I was so tired. So the next night against doctors orders I took him to bed with us we all slept great! He still fed a lot but it wasn't so disruptive having to move him back into the crib. I slept with my other kids but because he was so small, 3.7 lbs, I was a little scared.

How is your new LO? Liam is great he still sleeps a lot which is helpful now that I have 3 kids! I think he is starting to wake up a little he is having a few more wakeful periods durning the day. I love watching his little eyes taking in the world. I am not the greatest at burping so I think he has a lot of gas but he never cries just grunts.

How is breastfeeding going? He is a champion breastfeeder thankfully that is how we got him home so soon. He was only at his birth weight when he came home. Funny about the milk coming out of Eliza's nose this just started to happen and I was wondering if something was wrong with Liam. I guess it is normal thanks mdc mama's for making it all normal.

How is the rest of your family doing? We are adjusting My husband is helping tons which makes it all good. The kids love Liam and don't seem to have any resentment for him. My son who is 5 acts like a baby and wants to try sucking my boobs ( I just can't let him) so we gave the kids each a bottle of my pumped milk. They both loved it. We thought it would make a great after school snack.
It was probably really good for them.

What else would you like to share? I am strangely sad not to be still pregnant. I hated my other pregnancies but was really enjoying this one. I am a little sad not to have gotten to the end this being my last. But at the same time I feel lucky to have my little boy who is healthy and happy.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
How are you recovering? Its slow going with the c/s, I was let out of the hospital about 3 days earlier than last time. I have a hard time doing the stairs in my house. as long as I take my percoset and Ibuprofin on schedule I can get up occasionally. I almost passed out after my shower today.

How is your new LO? Fabulous. I almost can't believe how easy he is. My first was a screamer and a constant nurser. This little guy has given me 2 nights of restful sleep. He only wants to nurse twice in the night. Like last night my dog woke me up twice and the toddler woke me up twice and the little guy only woke me once by stirring to nurse. During teh day he alternates sleeping and just gazing around amazed by the world (what he can see of it at least!) He doesn't cry, other than when he has a gas bubble.

How is breastfeeding going? Pretty good. This guy has a smaller mouth and is not a "baby bird" like my DS1 was. It takes a little work to get him to open wide for a good latch. And he needs a lot of reminding to keep nursing and not to fall asleep. My nipples are sore for the first few seconds of his latch. I am so engorged and he never fully drains my breast so I have been manually expressing a cup of bm for my toddler. He LOVES it.

How is the rest of your family doing? DS1 is in
with him. No negative feelings or jealousy at all!
He has been behaving a bit badly but not out of the usual or related to the baby really.

What else would you like to share? I love love love having a newbie again! It has also made me more patient and loving towards my ds1. Its going better than I could have imagined with 2. BUT its mostly due to how wonderful my mother has been taking care of us. The transition has been smooth.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
How are you recovering?

I'm recovering quite well. I really overdid it the first few days because I just felt so freaking amazing. The vacuuming and moping I did the day after I got out of the hospital set me back a bit.
Even though I didn't tear a bit, using the bathroom can be tricky at times...I believe I need to continue on a course of stool softeners
. My nether regions are also a bit irritated by these damn pads I have been wearing non-stop. Overall though, it's freaking amazing to not be pregnant!

How is your new LO?

Maggie is doing great! We had three days of the bili blanket and thankfully she graduated
. The belly button has caused us some troubles. Her cord fell off at 4 days but the area continued to be yellow and weepy. DR has cotterized it 2 times but we're still having some "gooeyness". I'm just going to continue to watch it.
Maggie is sleeping WONDERFULLY and only waking 1 to 2 times per night to eat. Like her sister, she rarely cries and she is pretty content.

I could not be more thankful for how breastfeeding is going. I was sore for about a week and surprisingly, even though I already had milk, I became engorged around day 2/3. Now my breasts are pretty well regulated like they were a year or two into nursing DD1. Because I had an over-supply, and minimal production of hindmilk last time, I have changed my BFing routine this time. To help Maggie get more hindmilk I block feed off of one breast 2-3 times in a row and then switch to the other side. I believe this has allowed Maggie to get and stay full longer. My breasts have grown accustomed to this as well.

Everyone is doing wonderfully. I am so proud of DD1 (09/06) who has just been an angel throughout this. She LOVES her sister and wants to help with everything. She is so concerned about Maggie's well being. Yesterday we had to stop and nurse Maggie after going to Lowes for some tomato plants...for some reason DD1 thought we were dropping Maggie off at the parking lot and she just started sobbing saying, "No please, Maggie stay here, I "Wove" her". There is not a jealous bone in her body.
She has been a little emotional but nothing comcerning....at most she just wants to cuddle more with us and the baby.

I am just so at peace with my family. Another child has been such a blessing. I wish I had known with DD1, how easy this newborn stage is...I spent so much time uptight and worrying about EVERYTHING. This time I am just so peaceful...

·
Registered
40 Posts
How are you recovering?
So far, so good. Plenty of cramping as everything goes back to where it's supposed to be and very tender in certain places, but otherwise just tired and happy to be home.

How is your new LO?
She is alright. She had jaundice to an extreme (her bili count was almost 30), but is getting better every day.

Fantastic! I am thrilled with how well things are working out.

It's just me and the hubs, but we couldn't be more thrilled!

My little one is so beautiful! She truly is our little miracle. Birth was amazing too. Not something I'd want to do on a regular basis, but a mind blowing experience none the less.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I'm feeling jealous of all of you talking about how well your baby sleeps.

I was just thinking today that the book had a misprint. The baby does NOT sleep 18 hours a day.

Maybe 18 minutes a day would be closer on the mark.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Awww, Kelly. I swear that its got to be a second baby thing. The universe is mercifiul on the second time mamas. My first was much harder. But they do eventually sleep!! There are ups and downs and good months and bad ones for sleep.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
The only bright spot is that my husband is an insomniac.

So from about 9 pm to 2 am, I only have to barely wake up enough to feed her, then he takes her back.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How are you recovering?
Not too bad. Unplanned c-section after a picture perfect labor bc of presentation. My insiction is healing well, bleeding tapering off but hemmoroids are a doozy. I'm in bed resting well, napping when Ezra naps. MIL is here and has been helpful. I've been home for less than 24 hours and sleeping better than in hospital. I'm 4 days pp.

How is your new LO?
Perfect. I am so in love. Ezra is so wonderful, content and incredible. He's so healthy, came out very pink, 9 apgars, nursed within an hour of the surgery. cloth diapering is going well too! we jumped in last night after getting home and didn't even use the one huggies we brought home wiht us. We used sposies

We've ben learning alot and it's going very well. I will post a few questions on the bf board, but my milk is in. He's getting all the right dirty and wet diapers. I don't leak though but I suppose not everone does. I have firmness and tenderness on hte outside of each breast, so I'm icing some. I'm not limiting his feeding time and am trying to switch up positions. I need to try side lying sometime. football hold with him right up under my armpit with a pillow and the boppy works well.

Great. DH is a wonderful father and support. He jumped right in with CD with me too and is learning. MIL is respecting our space and helpful and excited. Other family, OOT, are very excited and getting phone pics here and there.

I'll be off the radar and resting but can't wait to hear about the other May babies and will check in. I love my son so much!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.