Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I gently weaned my then 28 month old just weeks ago. He was a trooper and made the transition as easy as possible for both of us. However...now I need to teach him a whole new way to approach sleep...as he had been nursed to sleep basically every sleep of his entire nap (excluding car naps of course).

I have tried many different rituals and techniques. Right now it is taking like 1.5 hours to get him to sleep at night...and this is around midnight or later! I need help.

What was your experience with the post wean sleep situation?

thanks!

· Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by paula444four View Post
Hello,
I gently weaned my then 28 month old just weeks ago. He was a trooper and made the transition as easy as possible for both of us. However...now I need to teach him a whole new way to approach sleep...as he had been nursed to sleep basically every sleep of his entire nap (excluding car naps of course).

I have tried many different rituals and techniques. Right now it is taking like 1.5 hours to get him to sleep at night...and this is around midnight or later! I need help.

What was your experience with the post wean sleep situation?

thanks!
We just weaned about 5 weeks ago. My 2.5 year old did amazingly well for how attached he was to his boobie. As a complete surprise to me I just couldn't nurse while pregnant, I felt as though my soul was being sucked out of me for some reason. I had a huge aversion to it. I told my son we are just taking a break, he can have a boobie back when the baby comes

Anyway, we had nursed to sleep for everything too -- I mean why not? It was so easy and sweet! For night we just all get in bed and turn the lights off and say goodnight and love you to each other. For the most part this works fine, some nights (like last night) he is just bouncing off the walls and can't seem to settle down so there is a lot of "get back in bed, babe. Lights need to stay off now, it is time for sleeping," etc etc. I can deal with the night time stuff.

NAPS -- well that is a hard one. I'm going to sub to see if anyone has good suggestions. I ummmmmm.... well we umm... yaaa I drive him down and then transfer him to bed
Haven't found any other way to do it. Books, TV (I know, I know but hey when you're desparate!), talking, cuddling, nope nope nope.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.