Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had contractions about 10 min apart for about an hour, then they were about 6-7 min apart and fizzled down to nothing. Came back and had 3 more, 10 min apart and have been having them sporadically ever since- mostly when I'm active. When I rest I seem to have nothing. My midwife came by to check me and couldn't reach my cervix because it was so posterior. Of course this is quite discouraging to me because I know I'm not ready to birth just yet.

Does anyone have any info that can help me? I had the same problem with my last baby and my midwife had me go home and do pelvic tilts to try to bring the baby forward a bit. I've been doing that but is there anything else I should try?

The contractions are pretty much only 2-3 per hour since my midwife was here and I feel like a complete idiot for having her stop by to check me. Thankfully she was in my area anyway and she didn't really have to go more than 2 miles out of her way but I feel so stupid.

·
Registered
0 Posts
With DD #4, my cervix was posterior; she was born about 5 minutes later! Having a posterior cervix does not mean it will slow your labor; things can change very quickly. Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Unfortunately there isn't much to do. When I check a woman and she is posterior cervix, generally I know she has alot of work yet! Those contractions you are having are probably "warming up" and getting things going. I personally do that for a whole week before delivery. It's like I am in labor every afternoon and evening!

Having said that, I have delivered where the cervix is posterior throughout much of the labor. It's not until it decides to come around that the baby can come out!!!

Goodluck!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So what you all are saying is the basically this means nothing? My contractions have slowed down but I'm still getting one about every 30 min or so. I know that means absolutely nothing, but I'm going to take dd to the zoo today and hopefully the walking will help move things along.

Are my pelvic tilts just not going to do anything? Should I just go about my business and wait it out? I know he's not going to be in there forever, but these contractions get me excited then they fade away and it's disappointing.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
I don't know a lot about cervix activity during labor because I never even felt my cervix until we started TTC about 8 months ago. However, I wasn't showing any signs of labor whatsoever, until I was actually in labor. I hadn't dropped, I wasn't dialated, I was only slightly effaced. Then I went into labor the next day. So I am just going to assume it's the same as everything else in labor and a womans body, it will happen when it's ready to happen. You can do excercises that may help, but your body knows what to do. Trust it.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the encouragement mamas, I'm still waiting....my midwife checked me again yesterday. I'm 2 cm dilated and cervix has started coming around to the front. Hopefully labor will happen any minute. I'm going to do lots of walking today. Maybe that will help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.