Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a local doctor who would deal with this? I was going to go see Dr. Coryllos, but she is apparently no longer practicing. Anyone have any other recs?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Dr. Hillburn at Annapolis ENT. Be sure to see HIM and no one else.<br><br>
I had to travel to NY to see Dr. Coryllos with DD because the other docs at Annapolis ENT didn't understand but when I took DS (who was 3), he agreed that something wasn't right and did do a clip on him (under general because of his age). I sent a friend of mine to him as well with her 4 year old and he also clipped her posterior tie too.<br><br>
If this baby is tied, I will see Dr. Hillburn, even if I have to pay out of pocket (which I probably will, as we will have military insurance). I spent a ton of money on dentists and ENTs here before traveling to NY and was happy to find Dr. Hillburn. I <3 him, he is truly amazing with kids and is the only doctor I know who will admit that he was wrong and mom was right!<br><br>
If you go and see him, tell him Felicia ****** recommended him. He may not remember me (I haven't seen him in a while) but he remembers when I tell him I have referred people to him for tongue tie clips.<br><br>
Good luck!

·
Registered
265 Posts
check out <a href="http://www.baltimoreent.com/" target="_blank">baltimoreent.com</a> .<br><br>
I took my two month old to Dr. Weiss. She was young enough to just have topical numbing with Lidocain. It was done in minutes.<br><br>
hth!<br><br>
ps.They have 3 locations.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Did your baby have a posterior tie or an 'classic' tongue tie to the tip of the tongue? Most providers (especially ENT's) don't understand a posterior tie. I saw three ENT's, plus 2 pediatric dentitsts who told me there was nothing wrong with my child and that I just wanted something to blame the BFing troubles on. She was very severely tied, type 4 (which is as severe as posterior ties go) but no one here in MD would even agree something was abnormal!<br><br>
Just curious, as it's always good to know of other ENT's with posterior tie experience. I only know of the one I've seen and dealt with so I love to hear of other places that acknowledge and treat them!

·
Registered
265 Posts
DD was typical "tip of the tongue" tie.<br><br><a href="http://www.mothering.com/discussions/member.php?u=22939" target="_blank">Homewithtwinsmama</a> said there is a CPM in SHippensburg pa that will do it.<br><br>
you could PM her for the info

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I didn't know that there were ENTs who didn't "deal" with posterior tongue ties! My daughter was tongue-tied and it went unnoticed until I brought it to the peds attention & we only saw one ENT who diagnosed it and clipped it. Wasn't around here, though. I hope that you can find someone! It made all the difference in our nursing relationship (she was 3mo was it was clipped).

·
Registered
569 Posts
There is a doctor in Philadelphia who was trained by Dr. Coryllos to diagnose and treat posterior tongue tie. I can look around for the name, but you might be able to find it through Dr. Coryllos' office, and it was definitely mentioned in another thread on tongue tie.<br><br>
We were sent to a few ENTs in the DC area who could not diagnose it in our daughter and ended up going to Dr. Coryllos. She has since had a stroke.<br><br>
Good luck,<br>
Aimee

1 - 7 of 7 Posts