Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My third baby will be a month old this weekend. I still am having some issue with mobility. I walked around the neighborhood with my kids tonight, maybe 4 blocks and am having some severe hip pain. I also occasionaly have a sharp stinging in my rt hip, back issues etc. None of this is too bad unless i do alot of physical stuff like carrying my 2 yr old a lot or moving boxes, large baskets of laundry...etc.<br><br>
I am heavy,<br>
This baby was my second HBAC<br>
The labor was not complicated, just some corkscrewing to decend into the Birth canal and pressing on my nerve in my right hip.<br>
For a few days after labor i had numbness in my rt leg and foot- this was corrected after a few trips to the chiropractor.<br>
I currently have some higher blood pressure.<br><br>
I have been trying to 'warm up' my body to doing more activity....but get thease painful side effects not related to muscle soreness.<br>
What could it be, how can i get help for this, what kind of care provider would pay attention> The pain is getting to be up to a 7!

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
I don't know if it's helpful/relevent, but I recently had (non-pregnancy related) severe shooting hip pains (definitely up to about a 7 or 8 at times), not all the time, only when I put weight on it mostly, or moved it badly. I went to an acupuncturist a few times (I'm still having minor pains, and still seeing her), and she did wonders. I was so scared because the doctors (plural) I called didn't have a definite answer what it could be, or what I could do for it, and I couldn't even walk to the bathroom without help and extreme pain, and she really helped me. I can walk about for short periods, and stand for a while, and did a little bit of light pilates this afternoon, and am getting better every day.<br><br>
So I highly recommend calling an acupuncturist and seeing if they think they might be able to help. (a lot of acupuncturists around here have community acupuncture which is sliding scale 20-40 a visit, which though it adds up a bit since you usually go for a whole round of treatment, isn't as bad as many health care providers, there are also some acupuncturists covered by insurance.)<br><br>
HTH

·
Registered
182 Posts
Your joints could still be quite loose from having baby. I would keep seeing a chiro for a while if possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts