Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just saw this group and wanted to share my experience with postpartum hair loss, cause it contributed to the depression.
My new baby girl is 6 months old, and I had the worst postpartum hair loss ever. My hair is already fine and thin so it didn't help at all. I know it is suppose to happen, but it really bothered me. I tried Nixon and other stuff, but nothing seemed to work. I went to a dermatologist who also recently had a baby and she recommended a new line out there that worked for her. She didn't sell it, but her friend did so I checked it out. The product is called Monat. I did tons of research and it got really great reviews. It is also all organic, no parabens, no sulfates, not tested on animals and fully FDA approved. I loved that it was all natural and decided to give it a try. I try shampoos anyway, so I figured worst case scenario it doesn't work. But to my surprise after 2 months of using it my hair stopped shedding, is healthier and stronger, even my colorist noticed and asked what I did. I'm not here to sell anything, just wanted to recommend to you ladies to maybe look into it. It really seems to work for a lot of people, and has no harsh chemicals at all which is great. i even recently tried there jr line for my 6 year old daughter and the products are really nice on her hair as well. Ill attached the website I ordered it through if you want to check out.

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
Post-partum hair loss is triggered by the rapid physiological changes to the body in the immediate post-partum period; that triggers what is called a telogen effluvium, meaning that a percentage of hair follicles move into their final resting phase as a result of that physiological 'stress.' Telogen phase lasts 2-8 months, and at the end of it the hair falls out of its follicle, as new hair growth (anagen phase) begins.

The reason it's important to know this is that the trigger for this type of hair loss is usually long finished when the hair loss starts. The hairs are already in their resting phase, and the hair loss is both inevitable and self-limited. No treatment is required, nor is there any benefit to treatment. Don't waste your money.

Miranda

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.