Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like a woman going through menopause these days with the amount of hot flashes I've been experiencing postpartum. I feel extra warm 24/7 with the addition of super hot flashes where I feel like I've stepped into a sauna. During the flashes I sweat like it's a 90 degree day out in the sun. The weather here has been upper 60's, lower 70's, so I know it's not the weather. My body temperature doesn't seem to change either, I just FEEL hot. I'm hoping my hormones balance soon cus this is getting to be unbearable. I'm already approaching 4 weeks PP. I read online that this typically lasts only a week, 6 weeks max unless you're unlucky. Anyone else experience this? How long did it last for you?

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
I had night sweats for about 6 weeks after. With my first child they were more severe. My whole body would be drenched with sweat. My second child it was only around my neck and head.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The flashes eventually went away but I have been constantly hot since having my first 7 years ago. I am always in a tank top. If I'm in a hot room I will nearly pass out. My sister thinks it's from nursing. She got better when her daughter weaned but I've been nursing with no break since my first and second overlapped.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
No fun with a little one!

My first thought was having your thyroid checked. Full thyroid panel. TSH, FT3, FT4. Easy blood test.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The hot flashes are lessened now. I still get them though. I'm feeling less hot all the time now, which is nice. I forgot what cold felt like.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts