Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Mommas,
I am 7 weeks pp and breastfeeding exclusively. Had a normal vag delivery with no issues. PP bleeding stopped at 3 weeks, then came back for a few days, then left and now is back again, this time, even longer, with some clots. Then it lets up awhile and then is back. I also have a backache and some pain in my pelvic area... having issues peeing, so think it might be a UTI, but what is up with this on again off again bleeding? No fever and no "foul" smell, so wondering it is. Doesn't feel like my period and the flow is too wierd for that. Bright red, then brown all in one day. Hope this wasn't TMI!
Any ideas?

·
Registered
829 Posts
If it continues, I'd probably get it checked out, but I've found that for some reason I typically have a recurrence of bleeding around 6 weeks pp, and I've heard of other women having similar experiences, so it could be normal. Definitely treat the UTI symptoms if you think you have one of those - I had one a few months ago and ended up going to the emergency room with stabbing pain in my kidneys. All because I wanted to avoid the expense and hassle of a doctor's visit (that and not wanting to be on antibiotics)... needless to say the ER was a lot more expensive.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying... got on an antibiotic which has helped a great deal. Still spotting, maybe AF? maybe not... we will wait a few more days and see. Interesting about the 6 weeks though.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I'm almost six weeks postpartum and also bleeding on and off. I had a cesarean, but my mom (used to be3 an OB nurse) said this is still within the normal range for any kind of birth.

Hope you feel better on the antibiotics

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
I bled on and off for a whole 6 wks. Then at about 9wks I had some very light bleeding for a couple days and then it happened again at 13wks. Not af bleeding or feeling at all. Sometimes not even enough to show up on the pad.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What a bummer...
: I am still spotting bright red blood now going into week 9 pp. I have no idea what is going on and will be making an appt with the doc tomorrow. It is making me quite nervous. I have never had irregular periods or any issues like this.
:
Well, at least the UTI cleared up with the antibiotic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts