Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>My mil is buying Pottery Barn beanbag chairs for my boys for xmas and wants to get a little chair for my 21 month old daughter.  I'm wondering if anyone has a "my first anywhere chair" or a regular sized anywhere chair.  My mil can't make up her mind whether to get the little one because it will be cute and a nice size for now or get the regular sized one because it will last longer.  She thinks the regular one looks too big.  Not sure what to tell her as I haven't been to a Pottery Barn store in a while and am not sure just how big the regular one is or how much use you can get out of the little one. </p>

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
<p>My sister has one for my 5 year old nephew and my 2 year old niece (the regular size for both). She told me do <em>not</em> get the 'toddler' size because the regular size is small enough but she would have grown out of the toddler size super fast. She sent it back and got my niece a regular one.</p>
<p> We might get one for my daughter for Christmas and she'll only be 18months. But she really loves to climb so I think she'd like the bigger the better!</p>
<p>-Courtney</p>

·
Registered
198 Posts
<p>We have one of each and love them both but would recommend getting the regular one. We have had both since G was about 13 mos old and she has been able to get in and out of each of them with the same amount of ease. The bigger one isn't a whole lot further off the floor seat wise, maybe a couple of inches but is just larger all around which is nice. Also- an adult can sit comfortably in either chair- at least in our house we use them as furniture for everyone, the bigger one is Nana's favorite seat! </p>

·
Registered
418 Posts
<p>We've had the regular sized one since my daughter was 13 months old and she just turned 2.  Honestly, I think the "My First" ones are a bit of a waste.  My daughter fits well into hers now and still has room to grow into it just fine.  My hips even fit into it.</p>

·
Premium Member
2,237 Posts
<p>dd has the smaller one and has since her first x-mas (when she was eight months old).  she's now 3 1/2 and still fits in it.  we had it monogrammed and it's a nice addition to her room.  mostly she arranges her dolls on it, but she still uses it on occasion.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>i guess it depends on whether you want it to be something that everyone can use.  i don't think the small one was a waste.  we've certainly gotten our money's worth. </p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts