1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fluff comes in so many cute designs and colors that some people don't want to
I gave you the DDDDC Eirual.
do ECing because they miss the choices.
Because of the spiffy threads here and in Life with a Babe.
So I was wondering, are there things that could be done to baby bjorn potties
I'm glad you liked it.
and such to up the cute?

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
You're too sweet- it made my day, thanks!!
P.S. Is it babymaking time yet?? we need a play by play....well, after babymaking time is over of course....Keep us posted, sending baby vibes your way!

Aside from stickers??....I dunno....a fleece bum-warmer cover (basically a cover to protect little bums from cold plastic, and bblps are small enough that you could cover the whole thing)...with a cool decal on the front?? They may or may not need to be changed often, so you could probably start an addiction...er, I mean collection...

·
Registered
7,632 Posts
you can always get cute undies
the EC store has UTN ones that are RAD. they are the best fitting and cutest undies ive ever seen. and the potty covers are great too. and the wet bag/ potty totes.. and the BPT t-shirts..baby legs.. there really are a lot of cute EC stuff..
check out the EC store..

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Cute baby undies
Cute split pants
Baby legs leg warmers for winter babes

I heard Diaperfreebaby is trying to bring EC to the attention of Baby Bjorn, the makers of the famous BBLP, with an eye to possibly getting a DFB logo BBLP.

As helpful as babywearing is for EC, you could switch your obsession to slings!

Kathryn

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I love love love Babylegs. I have two pair and I will probably get a few more. Both my girls can wear them so I can justify their purchase more easily.

If you do use some diapers occasionally, you could buy/make super cute fitted diapers. We use fitteds a lot at home with no cover. I made some super cute ones with Hello Kitty and pink polka dot flannel.

I don't think I could get excited over dressing up a potty... that's just me though.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lacysmommy
I don't think I could get excited over dressing up a potty... that's just me though.
Good point

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sapphire_chan
Fluff comes in so many cute designs and colors that some people don't want to do ECing because they miss the choices.
I'm a little biased
but it's all about cute training pants for me. And finding the few diaper brands that are EC-friendly (ElBeeBaby and FuzBaby are my faves). With more and more people starting to come up with cute EC-wear, there are really so many choices for the Hyenas if they'll just look around.

·
Registered
7,632 Posts
i still have some cute fluff.. we do use CD's often..she just doesn't necessarily go in them. and there are cute training pants and such out there..

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
What is special about a Baby Bjorn potty?

Baby Bjorn "little potties" are smaller than other toilet learning seats. Less bulk for transporting, or for storing in a corner of the family room.

They are one piece, which makes them easy to carry and empty. They are contoured in such a way as to make a good splashguard for boys, without being high/sharp/difficult to sit on.

They are sturdy durable plastic, they can be run through the dishwasher if need be. Very young babies who are just learning to sit can sit on them with just a little support.

There have been other threads on this topic, if memory serves...

·
Registered
7,632 Posts
:

we have tried a few different potties with my odler son.. and nopne are as easy to use and clean and travel with as the BBLP.. there are others similar.. but not as easy to find.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Well, my son did decorate his BBLP with those stickers you get in credit card offers, you know the stickers of all the different style credit cards you can get? He likes them because some have birds, trees, flags... I like them because they are free stickers!

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BBLPs are dishwasher safe? That rocks! Although, since you rinse them out regualarly I'm not sure how often being dishwasher safe would matter.

Also, I really can't see dh going for putting a potty in the dishwasher. He's not even sure he'd be okay with pottying in the sink.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Well, if you wash out the BBLP with soap before it goes in the D/W it shouldn't be too "gross." After all, if you eat meat then cutting boards you use to cut it up go in there, mixing bowls that had raw eggs in them, etc. A dishwasher is made for getting those "icky" things clean!

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
I'd 2nd... use the money towards your sling stash! LOL!

Plus many of us EC'ers use cloth- just with an eye towards easy on/off, etc.

Jessica

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.