Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure whether this is a question or a vent ~ feel free to supply any information you think might help (even if it's "get over it"
)

DS is 3. Until about a month ago, he had showed absolutely NO interest in all things "toilet". He would cry if we even mentioned it. So we just waited. Finally, one day out of the blue he screams at DH, "I gotta go pee on the potty!!! NNNOOOOWWWW!!!!". So daddy puts him on there and he pees on the potty and there is much rejoicing in the land. Now, once or twice a day he calls for the throne and we oblige.

However, DD (20mos) wants in on the act. About 10x a day she asks to sit on the potty. We started to oblige figuring that it wouldn't hurt anything and maybe she's have a better "feeling" about the toilet than brother did, plus a few people mentioned that girls tend to "get" the potty thing earlier. Well, she manages to "pee" in the potty about 2x a week. I'm sorry, but if I held a FROG over our toilet 70x a week ~ I'd probably have a better average!
: We've actually noticed with her that she's asking to sit on the toilet AFTER she pees in her diaper (or after she sees DH, I, or big brother go).

Why do I feel like I am wasting my time on this? I don't feel like DD has the verbal skills to work with her on telling us BEFORE she wets her diaper. I don't want to discourage her from wanting to use the potty, but I feel like I spend all day running to the bathroom.

Is there anything I can do to encourage DS as well. If I'm going to spend all day in there ~ SOMEONE should actually be getting the hang of it, right????

Thanks for listening to my ramble...
:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts