Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not even sure what's considered a toddler, my son is 3 and will be 4 in less than a month. BUT, I thought the subject might be better here.<br><br>
I have joint custody of DS (completely 50/50) so potty-training fully was very difficult. His dad wouldn't work with me, so my son wasn't fully potty-trained (no accidents except maybe nighttime or if sick) until November when he was 3 1/2. He hasn't had problems until this week. He can potty independently and he knows when he has to go. There have been no changes in routine or anything and yet EVERYDAY this week he has had BMs in his pant (sometimes multiple times) and he has peed in them about half the time. Its been since Sunday he has done this. We have gone through a lot of laundry. I keep asking him why and his answer is "I don't know." Would you put your kid back in pullups for this? Or do you think that encourages him more? What else would you suggest?

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
while regressions in newly potty learning kids are normal, at his age I'd suspect either a physical cause or some sort of new stress in his life. While he'd be imaginitive enoug to think he could go down the toilet or something, he's also old enough to tell you that y'know?<br><br>
being only a week, diarrhea? Any changes in diet that could make his poop more 'slippery' as it were?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts