Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>So at what age is it ok to expect your child to be potty trained?  We are going through yet another will power struggle over my dd going to the bathroom in the day.  It seems as if her attention is on the fight and not on her listening to her body.  I am sooooo tired of this fight.  I let it go, and then she pees her pants.  And in addition, where she was a dry sleeper from 12 months on (we didn't stop using night-time diapers until she was 3ish), now she pees the bed at least 3x a week, even with us taking her before we goto bed.  She has even started peeing before we even get there even though she pees before bed.  To me that tells me that her body is holding onto so much pee, that she doesn't let it go completely.  So what can I do?  I can't make her listen to her body.  I can make her go- but the fight seems so outrageous.  Today, she just laid in my bed and peed after she awoke, and I guess that is what makes me so mad.  She isn't taking any responsibility for it.  But should she?</p>
<p>There def has been a TON of change (8 moves in 2 years, just bought a house, new baby due in Jan, new dog) so I guess I need someone to tell me that this is totally normal, and I will get her pullups for night time- are there cloths her size?  And at what age should I expect her to be able to get up at night to pee by herself?</p>
<p>Thanks for the advice and info!</p>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts